I recently received an email asking “if the LDS Church has an official (or unofficial) Social Doctrine, similarly to other churches”. In this and many areas, the Church has little in the way of an official position, and this wisely allows for a rich and diverse discussion among Mormons about how the Gospel should shape our participation in society and politics. I am excited to see such a discussion of Mormon perspectives on war and peace is being planned for this spring, sponsored by Claremont Graduate University and the Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies at Notre Dame. Paper proposals (in the form of an abstract and CV) are due next Wednesday, September 1st. The full Call for Papers, with submission details, is posted at Juvenile Instructor.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- My Experiment with Five Minute Prayers
- Christopher Bradford (Grasshopper): http://open.spotify.com/track/ 4uoCYdBQPmHk1wnk9D9Rsq
- FarSide: SilverRain, If you are interested in pursuing further the notion of failure...
- JamesM: Heather G. I think coordinating song choices with meeting themes is a great thing....
- U240: Shut up and listen more: It will be amazing how many times a person that wants/needs...
- Hedgehog: Have to agree with Jared above. Who has time for that? Pre-assessing a musical...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 15 September 2014 September 15, 2014
- Mormon Temples Currently Under Construction September 11, 2014
- Church Expands Online Resources to Help Individuals Overcome Pornography Addiction September 11, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 10 September 2014 September 10, 2014
- 13th BYU President Formally Installed September 9, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 5 September 2014 September 5, 2014
“War and Peace in Our Time: Mormon Perspectives” Proposal Deadline Sept. 1
August 25, 2010 | 3 commentsBy Ben Huff