I recently received an email asking “if the LDS Church has an official (or unofficial) Social Doctrine, similarly to other churches”. In this and many areas, the Church has little in the way of an official position, and this wisely allows for a rich and diverse discussion among Mormons about how the Gospel should shape our participation in society and politics. I am excited to see such a discussion of Mormon perspectives on war and peace is being planned for this spring, sponsored by Claremont Graduate University and the Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies at Notre Dame. Paper proposals (in the form of an abstract and CV) are due next Wednesday, September 1st. The full Call for Papers, with submission details, is posted at Juvenile Instructor.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Salt Lake City, We Have a Problem
- Dave: That seems like a nice note to end on. Thanks for the comments, everyone.
- john f.: +1 as to 99. Great comment, Dave.
- Dave: Jim (#97), let’s just agree that this is an empirical question, easily...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Apostle Calls for Uplifting Social Media Messages to Sweep the Earth August 19, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: What Do Mormon Teens Do? August 14, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 13 August 2014 August 13, 2014
- “This Is a Woman’s Church,” Says Director of Humanitarian Services and LDS Charities August 12, 2014
- Missionary Work: Experiences Shape the Future August 11, 2014
- Public Invited to Tour the Phoenix Arizona Temple August 7, 2014
“War and Peace in Our Time: Mormon Perspectives” Proposal Deadline Sept. 1
August 25, 2010 | 3 commentsBy Ben Huff