I recently received an email asking “if the LDS Church has an official (or unofficial) Social Doctrine, similarly to other churches”. In this and many areas, the Church has little in the way of an official position, and this wisely allows for a rich and diverse discussion among Mormons about how the Gospel should shape our participation in society and politics. I am excited to see such a discussion of Mormon perspectives on war and peace is being planned for this spring, sponsored by Claremont Graduate University and the Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies at Notre Dame. Paper proposals (in the form of an abstract and CV) are due next Wednesday, September 1st. The full Call for Papers, with submission details, is posted at Juvenile Instructor.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Magic and Mechanisms
- Dave R: Nathaniel, Umm . . . I really don’t know how to respond to that. I’m...
- Dave R: Hi IsaacH, Thanks for your thoughtful reply to my question. Section 19 has given...
- Nathaniel Givens: Slifo- The notion that we can Google “embalming” and somehow...
- Hedgehog: #34 Really. Because when I just looked very briefly general conference is dated...
- forwardjoe: Geoff – Aus, I am curious what you mean by if the next prophet was...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 30 September 2014 September 30, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: Preparing for a Worldwide General Conference September 30, 2014
- Church Provides Preview of Historic Site Under Construction in Pennsylvania September 29, 2014
- Church Hosts Second General Women’s Meeting for Women and Girls September 27, 2014
- Church History Museum Closes for Interior Renovation September 24, 2014
- Church Members Look Forward to Second General Women’s Meeting September 24, 2014
“War and Peace in Our Time: Mormon Perspectives” Proposal Deadline Sept. 1
August 25, 2010 | 3 commentsBy Ben Huff