Times & Seasons commenter and economist Ed Johnson (“ed”) has performed some sophisticated statistical analysis on general conference scripture citations. We discussed the same data, but with the aid of lesser tools and minds, in earlier posts here and here. The finding that most surprised me is that the surge in Book of Mormon citations evident in the previous posts can’t be attributed to President Benson’s famous general conference talks about the Book of Mormon after all: his talks coincide with the crest of the wave.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Seafloor Spreading, or Why I’m Mormon
- ABMiller: Well, my considered answer is — BOTH, past and present, are an origin in...
- p: Meanwhile, Old Man a few “cold dead stones [from] our geologic past” would...
- Old Man: Sorry, at the moment I don’t like this metaphor. This metaphor is a...
- mirrorrorrim: Clark, I agree. But with that being true, you’re faced with the...
- Clark Goble: MirrorMirror (9) the problem with that is that people are able to persuade...
Notes From All Over
- Church Dedicates Pasta and Mill Plant in Northern Utah March 2, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to Perform at Yankee Stadium March 2, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites February 27, 2015 February 27, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir Inducted Into the American Classical Music Hall of Fame February 27, 2015
- Faith, Family and Religious Freedom Subject of Apostle's Speech at California University February 26, 2015
- Groundbreaking Planned for First Wyoming Temple February 25, 2015
Scriptures Citations in General Conference
August 22, 2005 | 21 commentsBy Matt Evans