Times & Seasons commenter and economist Ed Johnson (“ed”) has performed some sophisticated statistical analysis on general conference scripture citations. We discussed the same data, but with the aid of lesser tools and minds, in earlier posts here and here. The finding that most surprised me is that the surge in Book of Mormon citations evident in the previous posts can’t be attributed to President Benson’s famous general conference talks about the Book of Mormon after all: his talks coincide with the crest of the wave.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Terryl Givens on What It Means to Sustain
- ji: Jesus said, “Go, and sin no more…” He also said, “Repent, for...
- Téa: Several years ago my Bishop taught me all about sustaining while disagreeing, and...
- Jeff walsh: Please enlighten me, is the general opinion amongst this group that the...
Notes From All Over
- Seven Cities Announced for 2016 Mormon Tabernacle Choir European Tour February 5, 2016
- Dieter F. Uchtdorf of Church’s First Presidency Recounts Childhood Refugee Ordeal February 4, 2016
- World's Largest Family History Event Held in Utah February 2, 2016
- The Virtuous Cycle of Dialogue February 1, 2016
- Mormon Tabernacles — Religious and Community Edifices January 27, 2016
- Apostles Visit Government Leaders in South Pacific, Central America January 27, 2016
Scriptures Citations in General Conference
August 22, 2005 | 21 commentsBy Matt Evans