One of the so-far-untold stories of the election is that Mormon Senator Harry Reid will almost certainly assume leadership of the Democratic Party in the United States Senate. Senator Tom Daschle appears to be going down in South Dakota, thus providing an opening for Reid. Of course, the Democrats are a minority in the Senate, but they are far from irrelevant. I assume this makes Reid the most powerful Mormon politician in the United States. (Will he be the most powerful Mormon politician ever?) Ironic, in light of the recent dominance of the Republican Party among Mormons, that our most powerful politician is a Democrat.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Covenant and Speech
- Martin James: It you don’t find ecstatic, covenant romance in that verse,...
- Not Josh Smith: Yep. I can definitely see it there. Hmmm. Maybe I’ll go to the...
- Martin James: Josh, Yes, best not to go there but there is this one: “In the cottage...
- Dave K: (#44) “Within Europe and North America, were the Church to embrace SSM etc.,...
- Mike: > My prediction is that in the coming generations Mormonism will be dominated by...
Notes From All Over
- Interfaith Video Competition Winners Announced August 31, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites August 31, 2015 August 31, 2015
- President Uchtdorf Dedicates New Addition to Church’s Polynesian Cultural Center in Hawaii August 29, 2015
- Church Creates Original Video Series on Addiction Recovery August 28, 2015
- Angel Moroni Lifted to the Top of the Fort Collins Colorado Temple August 27, 2015
- Church to Go Forward with Scouting Program August 26, 2015