One of the so-far-untold stories of the election is that Mormon Senator Harry Reid will almost certainly assume leadership of the Democratic Party in the United States Senate. Senator Tom Daschle appears to be going down in South Dakota, thus providing an opening for Reid. Of course, the Democrats are a minority in the Senate, but they are far from irrelevant. I assume this makes Reid the most powerful Mormon politician in the United States. (Will he be the most powerful Mormon politician ever?) Ironic, in light of the recent dominance of the Republican Party among Mormons, that our most powerful politician is a Democrat.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Three Neophytes
- at: Thanks for the correction and humor. Next time I make an effort to quote...
- your food allergy is fake: #36 “And think not to say within yourselves . . . ”...
- Joel: at (38) Thanks for responding. That’s what I assumed. I’m not...
Notes From All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | October 5, 2015 October 5, 2015
- Three Named to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles October 3, 2015
- Coverage and News Media Resources from the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- Photos of the Speakers From the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- The World Report October 3, 2015
- Mormon Temples Currently Under Construction October 2, 2015