One of the so-far-untold stories of the election is that Mormon Senator Harry Reid will almost certainly assume leadership of the Democratic Party in the United States Senate. Senator Tom Daschle appears to be going down in South Dakota, thus providing an opening for Reid. Of course, the Democrats are a minority in the Senate, but they are far from irrelevant. I assume this makes Reid the most powerful Mormon politician in the United States. (Will he be the most powerful Mormon politician ever?) Ironic, in light of the recent dominance of the Republican Party among Mormons, that our most powerful politician is a Democrat.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Next Generation’s Faith Crisis
- g.wesley: outstanding points julie. it does seem that even as we are finally and...
- Martin James: KLC is on the right track to me. Nobody under 30 that I know cares at all...
- Ben S: “Inoculation comes by one’s own wrestling through which one’s immune system...
Notes From All Over
- Church Continues to Monitor and Respond to Ebola Situation October 29, 2014
- First Presidency Issues Letter Encouraging Political Participation, Voting October 29, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 28 October 2014 October 28, 2014
- Freedom of Religion in the Workplace Discussed at the UN October 28, 2014
- Difference and Dignity October 24, 2014
- Entertainer Donny Osmond to Speak at RootsTech 2015 October 23, 2014