One of the so-far-untold stories of the election is that Mormon Senator Harry Reid will almost certainly assume leadership of the Democratic Party in the United States Senate. Senator Tom Daschle appears to be going down in South Dakota, thus providing an opening for Reid. Of course, the Democrats are a minority in the Senate, but they are far from irrelevant. I assume this makes Reid the most powerful Mormon politician in the United States. (Will he be the most powerful Mormon politician ever?) Ironic, in light of the recent dominance of the Republican Party among Mormons, that our most powerful politician is a Democrat.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson #5Guest Post: The World Is Improving
- Walker F: Great post! I completely agree that we are by almost any objective measure...
- Cameron N.: “Things are SO MUCH worse.” “Things are SO MUCH...
- Megan: Eric, I don’t know how you can look at this list and think that many of these...
Notes From All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 30 January 2015 January 30, 2015
- Construction of Rome Italy Temple to Resume at Normal Pace January 29, 2015
- BYU-Idaho's Board of Trustees Announces New President January 27, 2015
- Mormon Leaders Call for Laws That Protect Religious Freedom January 27, 2015
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | Jan 23 January 23, 2015
- Reid L. Neilson Named Assistant Church Historian and Recorder January 23, 2015