One of the so-far-untold stories of the election is that Mormon Senator Harry Reid will almost certainly assume leadership of the Democratic Party in the United States Senate. Senator Tom Daschle appears to be going down in South Dakota, thus providing an opening for Reid. Of course, the Democrats are a minority in the Senate, but they are far from irrelevant. I assume this makes Reid the most powerful Mormon politician in the United States. (Will he be the most powerful Mormon politician ever?) Ironic, in light of the recent dominance of the Republican Party among Mormons, that our most powerful politician is a Democrat.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Revisiting President Packer on “Scientific Neglect” and Meetings
- ji: He was a wonderful teacher and a great man — and a committed and compassionate...
- Dave: Thanks for the story, Ben — that’s a compassionate and understanding...
- Terry H: Boyd K. Packer died this afternoon. Sorry to break the thread. Church has...
- Neal: Very nice Walter. Thank you for that enlightened perspective.
- RB: pdoe, having girls in high school marry college boys (RMs to boot) in the temple and...
Notes From All Over
- President Boyd K. Packer Dies At Age 90 July 3, 2015
- Missionaries Serving in Some Missions No Longer Required to Wear Suit Coats July 2, 2015
- VIDEO: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Draws Large Crowds During East Coast Tour July 2, 2015
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | July 2, 2015 July 2, 2015
- BYU to Host Religious Freedom Conference in July July 1, 2015
- Episcopalian Convention Includes Hands-On Interfaith Service Project at Welfare Square July 1, 2015