One of the so-far-untold stories of the election is that Mormon Senator Harry Reid will almost certainly assume leadership of the Democratic Party in the United States Senate. Senator Tom Daschle appears to be going down in South Dakota, thus providing an opening for Reid. Of course, the Democrats are a minority in the Senate, but they are far from irrelevant. I assume this makes Reid the most powerful Mormon politician in the United States. (Will he be the most powerful Mormon politician ever?) Ironic, in light of the recent dominance of the Republican Party among Mormons, that our most powerful politician is a Democrat.
- The Fourth Point: Caring for the Poor and NeedyThe Joseph Smith Papers, Documents Volume 2Happy(?) Repeal Day!The Practical AtonementOld Testament Gospel Doctrine Reading and Resources!
- Marie: 3:33 pm
A Mormon Image
- VIDEO: Time-Lapse of Temple Square Clothed In Christmas Beauty December 5, 2013
- First Presidency Expresses Condolences at Passing o f Nelson Mandela December 5, 2013
- Missionaries Serve Those in Need With 350,000 Meals November 29, 2013
- Breaking Down the Walls: Mormons Join Interfaith Effort to Feed Hungry at Thanksgiving November 27, 2013
- Church Hosts Concert of Praise in Tabernacle for National Bible Week November 25, 2013
- Mormon Channel Recognized for YouTube Success November 22, 2013
- VIDEO: Ministering to the Needs in Tacloban November 22, 2013
- VIDEO: Filipinos Find Shelter, Aid in Church's Chapels After Typhoon November 21, 2013
- Mormonism in Pictures: Chapels Dot the Globe November 20, 2013
- VIDEO: Mormon Missionaries Bid Farewell to Colleagues November 18, 2013