Do you think it is proper to say that God is recruiting us for the great cause–joining Him in the work of eternal life? Rather than simply being saved from our sins, we are being mobilized? Does this mean, in turn, that God benefits from our worshiping Him, that bringing to pass eternal life for His children adds to His glory? Is priesthood (including women) another name for the grand alliance of those who have joined God in His great work?
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Data, Doctrines, & Doubts: Improving Gospel Instruction
- AA: Brad L, I feel as if many misunderstand Elder Bednar, which is not surprising...
- Brad L: First, great post. Loved it. Second, I must say that I’m surprised that...
- Dave: Great thoughts, Walker. I am impressed by your ability to find GA quotes that make...
- ji: Alison, You will be happy to know that in all the wards I have lived in, our young men...
- Alison Moore Smith: Thanks for the comments, everyone. Jax, I like the revision! Adam...
- Ben S: Welcome!
Notes From All Over
- Interfaith Video Competition Winners Announced August 31, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites August 31, 2015 August 31, 2015
- President Uchtdorf Dedicates New Addition to Church’s Polynesian Cultural Center in Hawaii August 29, 2015
- Church Creates Original Video Series on Addiction Recovery August 28, 2015
- Angel Moroni Lifted to the Top of the Fort Collins Colorado Temple August 27, 2015
- Church to Go Forward with Scouting Program August 26, 2015
The Grand Alliance
April 24, 2004 | 9 commentsBy Richard Bushman