Do you think it is proper to say that God is recruiting us for the great cause–joining Him in the work of eternal life? Rather than simply being saved from our sins, we are being mobilized? Does this mean, in turn, that God benefits from our worshiping Him, that bringing to pass eternal life for His children adds to His glory? Is priesthood (including women) another name for the grand alliance of those who have joined God in His great work?
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Next Generation’s Faith Crisis
- Joel: Kevin, I generally agree with the point (#14). But I can see why some might think...
- Martin James: Julie, Your position makes perfect sense to me as “this is what works...
- Mogget: Nappoli, Finances are important in every organization; most hire a few experts to...
- Carrie: Thank you. Happy Reformation Day to you. Now where’s the chocolate.
- Julie M. Smith: Love. Love. Love.
Notes From All Over
- Church Continues to Monitor and Respond to Ebola Situation October 29, 2014
- First Presidency Issues Letter Encouraging Political Participation, Voting October 29, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 28 October 2014 October 28, 2014
- Freedom of Religion in the Workplace Discussed at the UN October 28, 2014
- Difference and Dignity October 24, 2014
- Entertainer Donny Osmond to Speak at RootsTech 2015 October 23, 2014
The Grand Alliance
April 24, 2004 | 9 commentsBy Richard Bushman