Do you think it is proper to say that God is recruiting us for the great cause–joining Him in the work of eternal life? Rather than simply being saved from our sins, we are being mobilized? Does this mean, in turn, that God benefits from our worshiping Him, that bringing to pass eternal life for His children adds to His glory? Is priesthood (including women) another name for the grand alliance of those who have joined God in His great work?
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- A Mormon Minimalism
- Martin: …”over-educated, 8221;? I’m puzzled as to how anyone can...
- Jen K.: Y’all are talking way over my head, but I’ll risk looking simple...
- Clark Goble: P (9), I think there are parallels in some ways between Mormonism and certain...
- Clark Goble: As J. Golden said the Church must be true or the missionaries would have...
- Wilfried: I can see your point, DQ (9) and I would rephrase my sentence based on your...
Notes From All Over
- Utah Lawmakers Introduce Bill Balancing Religious Freedom and Nondiscrimination Protections March 4, 2015
- Women Church Leaders Visit Faith-Based Relief Agency in Texas March 3, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 4 March 2015 March 3, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to Perform at Yankee Stadium March 2, 2015
- Church Dedicates Pasta and Mill Plant in Northern Utah March 2, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites February 27, 2015 February 27, 2015
The Grand Alliance
April 24, 2004 | 9 commentsBy Richard Bushman