One of the things almost sure to be heard in testimony meeting after someone has traveled (whether it’s across the ocean or just to the next town over) is an expression of gratitude that “the Church is the same no matter where you go.” To a certain extent, it’s true. We all sing the same hymns, although every ward congregation seems to have its particular favorites. We all read the same scriptures. Sunday meetings follow the same general format, even if the meetings are in a different order. Thanks to Correlation, Sunday School and other lesson manuals are standardized... Read more »
- The Sabbath Day: Its Meaning and ObservanceThe Three Neophytes
- Joel: Wizard of Oz, “I sometimes wonder if all the public pressure on the Church during...
- Wizard of Oz: Brian, I had read that Hugh B. Brown had argued that no revelation was...
- Brian Rostron: “I sometimes wonder if all the public pressure on the Church during...
Notes From All Over
- Church Recognized for Saving Electricity and Protecting the Environment October 8, 2015
- Leadership Changes in Presidency of the Seventy Announced October 6, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | October 5, 2015 October 5, 2015
- Coverage and News Media Resources from the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- Photos of the Speakers From the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- The World Report October 3, 2015
For Pioneer Day, the Pew Research Center’s Forum on Religious & Public Life released its report on Mormonism, based on responses to its 2007 Religious Landscape Survey. I was surprised that the initial coverage was so mundane, but when I read the report, so many details were fascinating! Read more »
For some time now I’ve been planning a series of posts looking at the LDS presence in different countries around the world. But unlike what has been done elsewhere, I want to find and present information that gives a view of what life may be like for most LDS Church members in that country. I also hope to give an idea of the development of Mormon culture in the country, mention a few of the well-known or notable citizens of that country who are Mormon, as well as a brief idea of the distribution and development of the Church... Read more »