I am very pleased to introduce our newest guest blogger, Jed W. Besides being the Scoutmaster in my ward, Jed is a third-year doctoral student at the University of Wisconsin, where he is studying the history of education on his way to a dual degree in American history and educational policy. He is originally from Bountiful, Utah and his undergraduate degree is from BYU. While there he worked for three years as an editor at BYU Studies and another year on the Papers of Joseph Smith project, which was run through the Joseph Fielding Smith Insitute for Latter-day Saint History. For the past two years, Jed has been assisting Richard Bushman in editing and research on his forthcoming biography of Joseph Smith. Reid Neilson and Jed also prevailed upon Richard to publish a collection of his Mormon history essays. The collection appeared earlier this year with Columbia University Press under the title Believing History: Latter-day Saint Essays. We are looking forward to Jed’s insights over the next two weeks.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Genesis- Various thoughts and notes on a Saturday night.
- ji: I’m okay with the Seminary manual teaching the common belief we share with Jews...
- Jared*: I suspect that most people don’t realize that Brigham Young was relatively...
- FarSide: Ben, you have definitely convinced me that Sparks is worth exploring. And...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | Jan 23 January 23, 2015
- Catholic Archbishop Delivers Message on Religious Freedom at Brigham Young University January 23, 2015
- Reid L. Neilson Named Assistant Church Historian and Recorder January 23, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 22 January 2015 January 22, 2015
- Mormonism In the News: Getting It Right | January 22, 2015 January 22, 2015
- The Humanitarian Impulse January 21, 2015
Welcome New Guest Blogger, Jed W.
November 30, 2004 | no commentsBy Gordon Smith