Regular visitors to this blog will recognize Kristine as the outspoken, ABBA-loving, mother of three who currently has a vice grip on second place (among non-bloggers) in the Comments sweepstakes. Just this week, I learned that Kristine’s brother Rich was my student two years ago at Vanderbilt Law School. While living in Tennessee, I also met Kristine’s father, who is a Professor of Physics at Vanderbilt. Having spent several years in Germany in her youth, Kristine was naturally drawn to the study of all things German at Harvard (A.B.) and Michigan (M.A.). She tells me that her youngest child will be in preschool three mornings a week next fall, so she is considering a move back to school to finish her Ph.D., “though not in German — something more practical, like history or religion.” (That last comment being partly TIC, I think.) She has also been a Summer Fellow (2003) at the Smith Institute of Church History. We are all looking forward to hearing more from Kristine over the next two weeks.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Sabbath Day: Its Meaning and ObservanceThe Three Neophytes
- Joel: Wizard of Oz, “I sometimes wonder if all the public pressure on the Church during...
- Wizard of Oz: Brian, I had read that Hugh B. Brown had argued that no revelation was...
- Brian Rostron: “I sometimes wonder if all the public pressure on the Church during...
Notes From All Over
- Church Recognized for Saving Electricity and Protecting the Environment October 8, 2015
- Leadership Changes in Presidency of the Seventy Announced October 6, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | October 5, 2015 October 5, 2015
- Coverage and News Media Resources from the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- Photos of the Speakers From the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- The World Report October 3, 2015
Welcome Our Newest Guest Blogger: Kristine Haglund Harris
February 6, 2004 | 12 commentsBy Gordon Smith