There is a student on the Georgetown campus that makes me uneasy. He has glasses, a bushy beard, heavy features, long brown hair knotted in dreadlocks. I see him often, and he always seems to be wearing the same thing: a camouflage jacket, brown trousers, and a heavy backpack full, I’m convinced, of books on anarchy. Read more »
- My Experiment with Five Minute Prayers
- FarSide: SilverRain, If you are interested in pursuing further the notion of failure...
- SilverRain: Perhaps it isn’t goal-setting that is the problem, but the conflation of...
- FarSide: Well, Nathaniel, you kind of one-upped me since I haven’t read Adams’...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 15 September 2014 September 15, 2014
- Mormon Temples Currently Under Construction September 11, 2014
- Church Expands Online Resources to Help Individuals Overcome Pornography Addiction September 11, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 10 September 2014 September 10, 2014
- 13th BYU President Formally Installed September 9, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 5 September 2014 September 5, 2014
“Who is it in the press that calls on me? I hear a tongue, shriller than all the music.” (Julius Caesar, I.ii) The imagined exchanges between Julius Caesar and the soothsayer about March 15, 44 B.C. have made me think about superstition, the irrational, and the place of portents, genuine or spurious. Read more »
Actually, I know I’m not. I eat too much sugar, I don’t rise at the crack of dawn, I own no Tupperware, I take three hours to leave the house in the mornings, I’ve never bought a car, I earn about $12,000 a year, I have a library book overdue, I had zero taxable income in FY 2003, I don’t have dental insurance, I’m several thousand dollars in debt to whomever Sallie Mae sold my student loan, I’ve never had a full-time job longer than nine months, and my father pays my cell phone bill Read more »