There is a student on the Georgetown campus that makes me uneasy. He has glasses, a bushy beard, heavy features, long brown hair knotted in dreadlocks. I see him often, and he always seems to be wearing the same thing: a camouflage jacket, brown trousers, and a heavy backpack full, I’m convinced, of books on anarchy. Read more »
- Short Musings on the Wu-Tang Clan, Ezekiel, and Church Curriculum
- jader3rd: But the answer here, is to realize that the Church and Church materials are not...
- John: Very funny and apt parallel. All I can say Ben, is, “It is hard going to...
- Wilfried: I close the thread here. Thanks all for participating.
- Jax: Steve, you maybe disputed the points made earlier but you certainly didn’t...
- Steve Smith: DQ, 1) so there is no one who ever feels pressured into holding a wedding at...
Notes From All Over
- Faith Online: In Your Own Words | 21 November 2014 November 21, 2014
- Historic Vatican Summit on Strengthening Marriage Concludes November 19, 2014
- Church Moves Forward With Expansion Plans for Provo MTC November 18, 2014
- 'Glorious’ Video Compilation Features Singers Around the World November 18, 2014
- At Vatican Summit, Mormon Leader Calls for “Renaissance” of Happy Marriages November 18, 2014
- PHOTO: Pope Francis Greets President Eyring November 17, 2014
“Who is it in the press that calls on me? I hear a tongue, shriller than all the music.” (Julius Caesar, I.ii) The imagined exchanges between Julius Caesar and the soothsayer about March 15, 44 B.C. have made me think about superstition, the irrational, and the place of portents, genuine or spurious. Read more »
Actually, I know I’m not. I eat too much sugar, I don’t rise at the crack of dawn, I own no Tupperware, I take three hours to leave the house in the mornings, I’ve never bought a car, I earn about $12,000 a year, I have a library book overdue, I had zero taxable income in FY 2003, I don’t have dental insurance, I’m several thousand dollars in debt to whomever Sallie Mae sold my student loan, I’ve never had a full-time job longer than nine months, and my father pays my cell phone bill Read more »