There is a student on the Georgetown campus that makes me uneasy. He has glasses, a bushy beard, heavy features, long brown hair knotted in dreadlocks. I see him often, and he always seems to be wearing the same thing: a camouflage jacket, brown trousers, and a heavy backpack full, I’m convinced, of books on anarchy. Read more »
- I was a stranger, and ye took me in
- Jax: If an intruder in my home has a gun out and has started shooting family members and...
- Chris Kimball: What’s wrong with the current law? Review the individual cases,...
- stephenchardy: When I saw that there was a post on immigration policy, I paled a bit. What...
- Dave: Walter, even though it was not the main thrust of the post, I like how you built...
- Craig H.: Nice ideas, Walter. I’ve always thought it significant that Alma 7...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Public Invited to Tour Newly Remodeled Ogden Utah Temple July 29, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 23 July 2014 July 23, 2014
- FamilySearch Volunteers Break International Indexing Record July 23, 2014
- Mormon Youth in Utah Host Special Needs Pioneer Trek July 22, 2014
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Santino Fontana Headline Pioneer Day Concerts July 20, 2014
- Groundbreaking Date Announced for Meridian Idaho Mormon Temple July 18, 2014
“Who is it in the press that calls on me? I hear a tongue, shriller than all the music.” (Julius Caesar, I.ii) The imagined exchanges between Julius Caesar and the soothsayer about March 15, 44 B.C. have made me think about superstition, the irrational, and the place of portents, genuine or spurious. Read more »
Actually, I know I’m not. I eat too much sugar, I don’t rise at the crack of dawn, I own no Tupperware, I take three hours to leave the house in the mornings, I’ve never bought a car, I earn about $12,000 a year, I have a library book overdue, I had zero taxable income in FY 2003, I don’t have dental insurance, I’m several thousand dollars in debt to whomever Sallie Mae sold my student loan, I’ve never had a full-time job longer than nine months, and my father pays my cell phone bill Read more »