There is a student on the Georgetown campus that makes me uneasy. He has glasses, a bushy beard, heavy features, long brown hair knotted in dreadlocks. I see him often, and he always seems to be wearing the same thing: a camouflage jacket, brown trousers, and a heavy backpack full, I’m convinced, of books on anarchy. Read more »
- My Theory of the Church’s Statement on the Change in BSA Policy
- Clark Goble: I think those are good points Owen and I’ve long thought making...
- Brian Rostron: Owen makes many sensible points.
- Owen: Perhaps this could be an opportunity for the church to adopt a more normal mode of...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites July 30, 2015 July 30, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: Helping the Needy; It's a Hand Up July 29, 2015
- Church Re-evaluating Scouting Program July 27, 2015
- Mormonism in Pictures: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Expands Outreach July 23, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir Announces 2016 European Tour July 23, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: LDS Charities Provides Wheelchairs Around the World July 20, 2015
“Who is it in the press that calls on me? I hear a tongue, shriller than all the music.” (Julius Caesar, I.ii) The imagined exchanges between Julius Caesar and the soothsayer about March 15, 44 B.C. have made me think about superstition, the irrational, and the place of portents, genuine or spurious. Read more »
Actually, I know I’m not. I eat too much sugar, I don’t rise at the crack of dawn, I own no Tupperware, I take three hours to leave the house in the mornings, I’ve never bought a car, I earn about $12,000 a year, I have a library book overdue, I had zero taxable income in FY 2003, I don’t have dental insurance, I’m several thousand dollars in debt to whomever Sallie Mae sold my student loan, I’ve never had a full-time job longer than nine months, and my father pays my cell phone bill Read more »