There is a student on the Georgetown campus that makes me uneasy. He has glasses, a bushy beard, heavy features, long brown hair knotted in dreadlocks. I see him often, and he always seems to be wearing the same thing: a camouflage jacket, brown trousers, and a heavy backpack full, I’m convinced, of books on anarchy. Read more »
- The Only True and Living Opinion
- Mary Ann: I think point #3 is huge. A traditionalist participating in the panel in a sense...
- Clark Goble: A lot of people thought it a huge mistake for Nye to participate in that...
- Tim: It would be like Bill Nye showing up to a creationism/evolution debate hosted by a...
Notes From All Over
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | April 14, 2015 April 14, 2015
- Public Invited to Tour Córdoba Argentina Temple April 14, 2015
- Open House Tickets for Payson Utah Temple Now Available April 13, 2015
- Religious Freedom and Fairness for All April 13, 2015
- "Because He Lives" Initiative Spreads Easter Message to Millions April 8, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 6 April 2015 April 6, 2015
“Who is it in the press that calls on me? I hear a tongue, shriller than all the music.” (Julius Caesar, I.ii) The imagined exchanges between Julius Caesar and the soothsayer about March 15, 44 B.C. have made me think about superstition, the irrational, and the place of portents, genuine or spurious. Read more »
Actually, I know I’m not. I eat too much sugar, I don’t rise at the crack of dawn, I own no Tupperware, I take three hours to leave the house in the mornings, I’ve never bought a car, I earn about $12,000 a year, I have a library book overdue, I had zero taxable income in FY 2003, I don’t have dental insurance, I’m several thousand dollars in debt to whomever Sallie Mae sold my student loan, I’ve never had a full-time job longer than nine months, and my father pays my cell phone bill Read more »