We’re all familiar with unintended consequences. Recent news reports claim that the unintended consequence of last year’s Libyan civil war, which resulted in the death of long-time dictator Muammar Gaddafi. According to these reports, many of Gaddafi’s trained warriors were ethnic Tuaregs from northern Mali. When they returned after the Libyan war, these fighters joined the long-simmering Tuareg rebellion, which heated up suddenly in January. The result? Last week a group of Malian soldiers staged a coup, ousted the Malian government, and cancelled the forthcoming elections. Yes, the same elections that featured an LDS candidate, Yeah Samake. Read more »
- “A New Affirmation on Marriage”: A sneer at the Mormon Church?
- Wilfried: I close the thread here. Thanks all for participating.
- Jax: Steve, you maybe disputed the points made earlier but you certainly didn’t...
- Steve Smith: DQ, 1) so there is no one who ever feels pressured into holding a wedding at...
Notes From All Over
- Faith Online: In Your Own Words | 21 November 2014 November 21, 2014
- Historic Vatican Summit on Strengthening Marriage Concludes November 19, 2014
- Church Moves Forward With Expansion Plans for Provo MTC November 18, 2014
- 'Glorious’ Video Compilation Features Singers Around the World November 18, 2014
- At Vatican Summit, Mormon Leader Calls for “Renaissance” of Happy Marriages November 18, 2014
- PHOTO: Pope Francis Greets President Eyring November 17, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ Yeah Samake ’
We opened nominations for Mormon of the Year 2011 on December 9th. To keep everyone up to date, here are the nominations so far. Nominations remain open through December 31st, and a public vote on the candidates will begin January 1st. Feel free to make additional nominations or second any of those that have not yet been seconded, if you think they are worthy. Read more »