In the final minutes of his visit with the Nephites (3 Nephi 27), Christ makes clear that the church established for the Nephites must bear his name and teach his gospel. He even specifies elements of his gospel: the atonement and resurrection, the final judgment, repentance, baptism, faith in Jesus Christ, the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. I don’t think it would be very hard to connect any Mormon doctrine to this list. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Review: Joseph Smith’s Polygamy: Toward a Better Understanding
- Moss: Well, Orson Pratt was allegedly so distraught that he tried to kill himself when he...
- Jared: Thanks for the book review. I have always felt the best way to arrive at a rational...
- Damien: God bless Mr. Hales for trying to make sense of a nonsensical practice. Why God...
- mem: There is certainly more to this than what is apparent to us here in mortality:...
- Cameron N.: You just described it Don so it’s pretty simple. Covenant keeping...
Notes From All Over
- Citizenship and Conscience May 6, 2015
- Open House Begins for the Trujillo Peru Temple May 5, 2015
- Update: Church Continues to Monitor and Respond to Ebola Situation May 5, 2015
- Mormon Youth Will Ask Apostle Questions in Live Chat Event May 5, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 4 May 2015 May 4, 2015
- Cedar City Utah Temple Groundbreaking in Late Summer May 4, 2015