In Mormonism our definition for the term Prophet is usually more specific than that employed outside of the Church. To us, a prophet is not only someone who has been inspired to prophesy, but it is also the president of the Church, the leader called to preside over the membership, the person who is to receive revelation for the Church, the chief teacher and the chief person who testifies of our Savior. There are other prophets, but we focus on THE Prophet. We didn’t always mean this in quite the same way–at least before 1848 THE Prophet was Joseph... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- General Women’s Meeting
- SilverRain: Geoff, your question is so foreign to my way of thinking, I can’t...
- Geoff - Aus: forwardjoe @ 45 Elder Uchtdorf is apparently popular with both conservatives...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- VIDEO: Trujillo Family From Ecuador Answers the Call to Serve October 1, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 30 September 2014 September 30, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: Preparing for a Worldwide General Conference September 30, 2014
- Church Provides Preview of Historic Site Under Construction in Pennsylvania September 29, 2014
- Church Hosts Second General Women’s Meeting for Women and Girls September 27, 2014
- Church Members Look Forward to Second General Women’s Meeting September 24, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ William Ivers Appleby ’
September 22, 2013 | 3 commentsBy Kent Larsen