In Mormonism our definition for the term Prophet is usually more specific than that employed outside of the Church. To us, a prophet is not only someone who has been inspired to prophesy, but it is also the president of the Church, the leader called to preside over the membership, the person who is to receive revelation for the Church, the chief teacher and the chief person who testifies of our Savior. There are other prophets, but we focus on THE Prophet. We didn’t always mean this in quite the same way–at least before 1848 THE Prophet was Joseph... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- When to Disobey
- Josh Smith: Johnathan, Let me try and ask the question another way … Assume...
- Jonathan Cavender: Josh: I haven’t got a clue, honestly — that is why judging...
- Jonathan Cavender: Sue: I won’t respond point by point because I believe that would...
- Amy T: What wise comments from your son. So very sorry to hear about your cousin....
- Kylie Turley: I should let you know that my aunt has read this post. She has been finding...
Notes From All Over
- Church to Send Email Messages to Members Worldwide November 25, 2014
- The Voice of Religious Conscience November 25, 2014
- Mormons Join Christians Around the World to Celebrate the Bible November 25, 2014
- Violin Phenom Lindsey Stirling to Live Chat Online with Mormon Youth November 24, 2014
- Faith Online: In Your Own Words | 21 November 2014 November 21, 2014
- Historic Vatican Summit on Strengthening Marriage Concludes November 19, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ William Ivers Appleby ’
September 22, 2013 | 3 commentsBy Kent Larsen