We tend to talk about the benefits of the temple more than the obligations. In the temple we may gain knowledge, revelation, be sealed to our families, and give our relatives who have passed on the opportunity to accept necessary earthly ordinances—all important elements described in the Lorenzo Snow manual lesson 10. But these benefits come with some obligations (beyond those required to qualify for a recommend), such as the obligation to attend the temple periodically, support temple work, do genealogical work, and even work in the temple when called. On a practical level, these obligations are quite different... Read more »
- “A New Affirmation on Marriage”: A sneer at the Mormon Church?
- Old Man: stephenchardy: Can any Christian truly take up the cross without causing pain to...
- Jax: Marriage and Sealing – for intimate family members and others who share our...
- Jax: I don’t think anything in the LDS temple marriage tradition needs to change....
- Ben S.: The citation from Wyman sounds a bit like the old anthropological observation of...
- Dave Banack: Helpful reflections, James. Nothing like the looming prospect of dying to...
Notes From All Over
- Historic Vatican Summit on Strengthening Marriage Concludes November 19, 2014
- At Vatican Summit, Mormon Leader Calls for “Renaissance” of Happy Marriages November 18, 2014
- Church Moves Forward With Expansion Plans for Provo MTC November 18, 2014
- 'Glorious’ Video Compilation Features Singers Around the World November 18, 2014
- Vatican Summit: Global Faith Leaders Discuss Marriage November 17, 2014
- PHOTO: Pope Francis Greets President Eyring November 17, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ wealth ’
Forbes’ annual look at the 400 richest Americans was released last month, so I thought I would again take a look at the Mormons on the list, and was surprised to find a different Mormon on top of the list. Aaron B. claimed last May that Steven Udvar-Házy is LDS, and I have been able to verify that at least his wife is from an LDS family. Udvar-Házy now tops the Mormons on the Forbes list. Read more »