The following is a translation from an article written by Emanuel Santana and published on the Brazilian group blog, Vozes Mórmons. I have divided it into three parts because the post is so long and raises so many questions about politics and the Church—things that strike me as repeatedly-covered issues in the U.S. and perhaps Canada, but which are new territory in Brazil and elsewhere around the world. This first part covers background information, from the introduction of the Church in Fortaleza to Moroni Torgan’s arrival and rise to prominence as Brazil’s first Mormon Congressman. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- About Social Media
- J Town: “It can seem sometimes to web surfers, like me, that speech online is overly...
- Dave: Thanks for the comments, everyone. Geoff (#3), nothing was said directly about...
- Nathaniel Givens: I really like your analogy, DQ. Thanks.
- DQ: Nate, To come at your comment from a different direction. Gardening is good for a...
- Nathaniel Givens: Nate- But to question mankind’s desire to eliminate it represents a kind...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Apostle Calls for Uplifting Social Media Messages to Sweep the Earth August 19, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: What Do Mormon Teens Do? August 14, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 13 August 2014 August 13, 2014
- “This Is a Woman’s Church,” Says Director of Humanitarian Services and LDS Charities August 12, 2014
- Missionary Work: Experiences Shape the Future August 11, 2014
- Public Invited to Tour the Phoenix Arizona Temple August 7, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ Vozes Mormons ’
August 14, 2012 | 6 commentsBy Kent Larsen