Its been a decade or more since practicing “random acts of kindness” became a kind of fad here in the U.S. I’ve always liked the concept, and I’ve practiced it on occasion. But I don’t think its a substitute for the kind of doing good to others that Lorenzo Snow manual lesson #22 is talking about. While “random acts of kindness” might be a starting point, its no substitute for “mourning with those that mourn” or “comforting those that stand in need of comfort.” Perhaps the difference between the random, transitory nature of the “random acts of kindness” fad... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- When to Disobey
- Jonathan Cavender: Josh: You are not getting annoying, I assure you. However, I believe...
- Josh Smith: Johnathan: We’re getting somewhere. “When to disobey?” (#91)...
- Jonathan Cavender: Sue: I genuinely wish you the best. God loves you and you are his...
- Amy T: What wise comments from your son. So very sorry to hear about your cousin....
- Kylie Turley: I should let you know that my aunt has read this post. She has been finding...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | November 26 November 26, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 26 November 2014 November 26, 2014
- Mormons Join Christians Around the World to Celebrate the Bible November 25, 2014
- The Voice of Religious Conscience November 25, 2014
- Church to Send Email Messages to Members Worldwide November 25, 2014
- Violin Phenom Lindsey Stirling to Live Chat Online with Mormon Youth November 24, 2014