There are at least two potential problems when there is a leadership transition—the transition plan or procedure isn’t always known ahead of time, and those involved don’t always follow the plan or procedures. Mormonism’s initial experience with transition didn’t go well—I suspect for both reasons—and the transitions elsewhere in the scriptures often seem unexpected also. For example, the transition from Elijah to Elisha described in Old Testament Gospel Doctrine lesson #29 is unexpected by the Israelites, who search for Elijah for three days after Elisha succeeds him. It is, of course, Mormonism’s difficult initial transition, following the death of... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Hypothetical “Missionary Library”My Experiment with Five Minute Prayers
- Christopher Bradford (Grasshopper): http://open.spotify.com/track/ 4uoCYdBQPmHk1wnk9D9Rsq
- FarSide: SilverRain, If you are interested in pursuing further the notion of failure...
- JamesM: Heather G. I think coordinating song choices with meeting themes is a great thing....
- U240: Shut up and listen more: It will be amazing how many times a person that wants/needs...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 15 September 2014 September 15, 2014
- Mormon Temples Currently Under Construction September 11, 2014
- Church Expands Online Resources to Help Individuals Overcome Pornography Addiction September 11, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 10 September 2014 September 10, 2014
- 13th BYU President Formally Installed September 9, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 5 September 2014 September 5, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ Transition ’
July 13, 2014 | 4 commentsBy Kent Larsen