I recently finished The Theocons: Secular America Under Seige and put up a short post on it elsewhere. But as I continue to mull it over I have a different idea to float than I discussed in the other post, namely that the rejection of Mitt Romney as a presidential candidate by religious conservatives in the Republican Party marks a triumph of sectarianism over politics that will undermine (or already has) the political influence of the theocons, to whatever extent you grant they have had influence. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Three Neophytes
- whizzbang: Apostles come from all shapes and sizes, some are very well educated and some...
- mirrorrorrim: I have a couple of thoughts about this. First, I think most people are...
- Cameron N.: If nothing else, I will be glad to hear him speak more. His talks are very...
- WalkerW: “Adam was placed in the Garden of Eden “to dress it and to keep it”...
- Mike: Six days shalt thou labor… I suggest that half or even most of Sabbath...
Notes From All Over
- New Presiding Bishopric Announced October 9, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites October 9, 2015 October 9, 2015
- Mormonism in Pictures: Reflections of General Conference Fall 2015 October 9, 2015
- Church Recognized for Saving Electricity and Protecting the Environment October 8, 2015
- Leadership Changes in Presidency of the Seventy Announced October 6, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | October 5, 2015 October 5, 2015