Sunday evening I attended a screening of a preliminary cut of the documentary “The Soul of Kalaupapa.” The film examines the ecumenical legacy of the leper’s colony on the Hawaiian island of Molokai. Kalaupapa was brought to recent prominence by last year’s canonization of Saint Damien of Molokai, the key figure in the community’s history. Fred Woods, a producer of the film and an historian whose research focuses on Kalaupapa, presented the film and followed it with a lecture on the topic. The history of the place is compelling, and heartbreaking. Founded in 1865 on an isolated peninsula of... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Most Important Question about the Future of MormonismYW Lesson: How Do I Prepare Now to Become a Righteous Wife and Mother?Church Sticks with Boys
- Jax: This was my Facebook post about this topic… The first paragraph is actual...
- d: To Segullah #1, George S #4, Suleyman #16, and Kif #21, The YW in my ward have a fund...
Notes From All Over
- President Uchtdorf Dedicates New Addition to Church’s Polynesian Cultural Center in Hawaii August 29, 2015
- Church Creates Original Video Series on Addiction Recovery August 28, 2015
- Angel Moroni Lifted to the Top of the Fort Collins Colorado Temple August 27, 2015
- Church to Go Forward with Scouting Program August 26, 2015
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | August 25, 2015 August 25, 2015
- First Latter-day Saint Temple in Indiana Dedicated August 23, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ “The Soul of Kalaupapa” ’
April 21, 2010 | 12 commentsBy Rosalynde Welch