Sunday evening I attended a screening of a preliminary cut of the documentary “The Soul of Kalaupapa.” The film examines the ecumenical legacy of the leper’s colony on the Hawaiian island of Molokai. Kalaupapa was brought to recent prominence by last year’s canonization of Saint Damien of Molokai, the key figure in the community’s history. Fred Woods, a producer of the film and an historian whose research focuses on Kalaupapa, presented the film and followed it with a lecture on the topic. The history of the place is compelling, and heartbreaking. Founded in 1865 on an isolated peninsula of... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Recommended NT Resources, part 3: History and Commentary
- thabermeyer: Thanks for putting the short list together Ben – much appreciated. Your...
- Ardis E. Parshall: Oh, duh, sorry. I guess I was so eager to get to the book list that I...
- Ben S.: Thanks JMS. I’d heard good things about the new manual, but hadn’t...
- Jonathan Cavender: Josh: The Lord is a higher authority than the Prophet, therefore...
- Josh Smith: Johnathan, I’m interested in the idea of “obedience to a higher...
- Jonathan Cavender: Josh: You are not getting annoying, I assure you. However, I believe...
Notes From All Over
- Church Launches 'He Is the Gift' Initiative to Share Christmas Message November 28, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 26 November 2014 November 26, 2014
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | November 26 November 26, 2014
- Church to Send Email Messages to Members Worldwide November 25, 2014
- The Voice of Religious Conscience November 25, 2014
- Mormons Join Christians Around the World to Celebrate the Bible November 25, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ “The Soul of Kalaupapa” ’
April 21, 2010 | 12 commentsBy Rosalynde Welch