The New York Public Library posted on Facebook this morning that today is the 125th anniversary of the dedication of the Statue of Liberty. While intended and generally thought of as an icon of freedom, its place in New York harbor, through which much immigration to the United States has passed, has meant that it is also considered a symbol of immigration. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Lay your gifts on the padded bench
- Christie Frandsen: Even if you do not recognize it in yourself, there is no doubt in the...
- A Turtle Named Mack: “when you subtract out the transcendent from religion, what...
- Jeff walsh: Well I’ll get back to my indexing, it is more productive. After i come...
- Jack of Hearts: As this is now veering from the OP, I’m going to bow out after this....
- Jeff walsh: Here is anothet quote this time from Brigham Young:- ” I told the people...
Notes From All Over
- Church Missionary Department Explains Approach to Zika Virus February 8, 2016
- Seven Cities Announced for 2016 Mormon Tabernacle Choir European Tour February 5, 2016
- Dieter F. Uchtdorf of Church’s First Presidency Recounts Childhood Refugee Ordeal February 4, 2016
- World's Largest Family History Event Held in Utah February 2, 2016
- The Virtuous Cycle of Dialogue February 1, 2016
- Mormon Tabernacles — Religious and Community Edifices January 27, 2016