A review of The Last Natural: Bryce Harper’s Big Gamble in Sin City and the Greatest Amateur Season Ever by Rob Miech. Thomas Dunne Books/St. Martin’s Press, 2012. 356 p. Review copy courtesy of the publisher. The title ‘The Last Natural‘ packs a lot of meaning and connotation into a few words. While ‘natural’ clearly refers to the inherent talent that Bryce Harper seems to have, there are a few other connotations, at least in baseball. Since Harper arrives at what might be considered the end of the “steroid era,” it could be a kind of pessimistic reference to... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- For Zion – Part 6
- Rosalynde: And Robert, what in the world were you doing posting at 4:37 AM? (You must be...
- Rosalynde: Ben, thanks for this. Just to get a bit more specific about Joe’s...
- p: Actually, #41, sorry -
- p: #42, perhaps, even, a day of Semi-Annual Conference devoted to a full, unbiased &...
Notes From All Over
- Women Church Leaders Visit Faith-Based Relief Agency in Texas March 3, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to Perform at Yankee Stadium March 2, 2015
- Church Dedicates Pasta and Mill Plant in Northern Utah March 2, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir Inducted Into the American Classical Music Hall of Fame February 27, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites February 27, 2015 February 27, 2015
- Faith, Family and Religious Freedom Subject of Apostle's Speech at California University February 26, 2015