Today I, with millions of other home cooks around the country, will be getting frisky in the kitchen with all manner of saturated fats and simple carbohydrates as I beget a table full of gorgeous harvest pies. I make pie once a year, the day before Thanksgiving; the rest of the year I prefer my saturated fats and simple carbohydrates in other forms. But at about 4:00 on Thanksgiving Day, surrounded by a riot of dirty dishes and family, there’s nothing in this world or out of it that tastes better. Social scientists would call my Thanksgiving palate a... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- New Polygamy Essays
- ABM: Steve, The things you mention are really only known spiritually. The...
- Steve Smith: @Cameron, to mention a few: God has a body of flesh and bones, people lived...
- Cameron N.: @Steve “The LDS leaders and members make strong claims to know all sorts...
Notes From All Over
- Difference and Dignity October 24, 2014
- Entertainer Donny Osmond to Speak at RootsTech 2015 October 23, 2014
- Church Updates Temple Garment Video October 22, 2014
- Young Women Leader Shares Message of Faith With Girl Scouts October 22, 2014
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 20 October October 20, 2014
- Indianapolis Indiana Temple Topped With Angel Moroni Statue October 17, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ Thanksgiving ’
November 24, 2010 | 2 commentsBy Rosalynde Welch