We are a temple-building people. Today we are more removed from the process than ever. Where Mormons once donated money, materials, time and effort to building temples in Kirtland, Nauvoo, St. George, Salt Lake and elsewhere, we participate less and less in the process, first no longer providing materials, then over time less and less labor, and more recently we no longer even have fundraising specifically for building temples or any other building. So we might today be excused from understanding completely how much building temples was part of the life of early members of the Church. Doctrine and... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Questions and Doubts
- Steve Smith: Clark, great observation about belief. We aren’t in full control of...
- Clark Goble: It’s true that to act on a belief its consequences matter a great deal....
- Clark Goble: Just to expand a bit on that Jeff. Consider the person who believes the earth...
- Robert C.: (Sorry, one more thought that ties my thoughts above to what you said in your...
- Robert C.: Ben, another excellent post. I wish I had time right now to engage you (and/or...
Notes From All Over
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir Inducted Into the American Classical Music Hall of Fame February 27, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites February 27, 2015 February 27, 2015
- Faith, Family and Religious Freedom Subject of Apostle's Speech at California University February 26, 2015
- Groundbreaking Planned for First Wyoming Temple February 25, 2015
- Senior Missionaries Answer Call to Serve February 20, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 19 February 2015 February 19, 2015