The new tobacco tax in the United States took effect yesterday, which tripled the amount of tax collected on each pack of cigarrettes, and probably raising the cost of a pack to as much as $9. The tax is the single largest increase in tobacco taxes in history. For an LDS audience, this probably seems all fine and good. You aren’t likely to complain about a sin tax if you aren’t committing that sin. And, to be honest, its hard to imagine a sin tax that LDS Church members would be particularly vulnerable to (perhaps ice cream?) But even... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- A More Nuanced Approach to Scripture
- fbisti: I heartily agree with Steve Smith…”The essay comes off as a lot of...
- FarSide: Steve Smith, I concur with your assessment of the recent essay on the Book of...
- MTN: edit: I mean to say “separate authors rather than separate beings”
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Reports Show Alcohol’s Destructive Influence Worldwide July 9, 2014
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 9 July July 9, 2014
- Church Expands Use of Digital Devices for Missionary Work July 2, 2014
- Apostle Throws Out the First Pitch at Dodgers Game July 1, 2014
- How and When Were the First Mormon Sister Missionaries Called? This Video Explains June 30, 2014
- Church Leaders' Message Addresses Doctrine, Questions June 28, 2014