The District of Utah has had a busy week. As I'm sure you heard (and if you haven't, you ought to read Kaimi's post first), Utah's ban on same-sex marriage has been struck down as unconstitutional. A week ago, in the wake of the decision that didn't actually legalize polygamy, I looked at the potential tax consequences of that decision and, fairly anti-climatically, determined that there were none. Plenty of electrons will be spilled going over this decision but, again, I suspect that the tax consequences will be underexplored. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Polygamy: Public Practice
- Josh Smith: Dave, I read the Hales article posted above. I’m discouraged. And more...
- Old Man: Dave, I appreciate this discussion and I do like Hardy’s work. Thanks for...
- Dave: And as long as I am adding links on this suddenly hot topic, here is another: Laura...
- Mark B.: I’m still wondering where the “c” is in Fliegerabwehrkanone.
- mirrorrorrim: Alison, that makes it even funnier. For Sister Rosemary Wixom in particular,...
- Nathaniel Givens: Trond- You’ve contrasted one implausible and extreme scenario to...
Notes From All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 31 March 2015 March 31, 2015
- Church Leaders Focus on Family and Service at General Women's Session March 28, 2015
- Church Shares 'Because He Lives' Easter Initiative March 27, 2015
- In a Game of Total Victory We All Lose March 27, 2015
- Two Faiths Find Common Ground at Vancouver, Washington Easter Concert March 27, 2015
- In Post-Storm Vanuatu, Mormons Quick to Rebuild March 27, 2015