The story of Helaman’s 2060 stripling warriors (the subject of Sunday School lesson #33) is another of the most cited and, I assume, the more beloved among young men and boys. However, the main idea broached in the lesson, that these young men were righteous and obeyed “every word of command with exactness,” could easily be lost in the midst of their military valor. The stripling warriors, like many of those who serve in military service around the world today, are indeed heroes—but, Eliza R. Snow observes that there are other, more valuable ways to be a hero: Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson #27
- Lee Williams: What happened to Lesson 25: “Not My Will But Thine Be Done?”
- Ardis: I lean on your posts for understanding and teaching ideas. Perhaps at some point...
- Anarene Holt Yim: These have been wonderful, Julie. Thanks!
Notes From All Over
- MOTION GRAPHIC: LDS Charities Helps Provide Immunizations Around the World June 29, 2015
- Supreme Court Decision Will Not Alter Doctrine on Marriage June 26, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites June 25, 2015 June 25, 2015
- People and Place June 23, 2015
- Journalist Notes Similarities on Environmental Stewardship Between Faiths June 23, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: LDS Charities Helps Provide Clean Water Around the Globe June 22, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ stripling warriors ’
August 6, 2012 | 3 commentsBy Kent Larsen