Stewart Udall, U.S. Secretary of the Interior under Kennedy and Johnson and a prominent member of a prolific Mormon political dynasty, passed away Saturday morning at his home in Sante Fe, New Mexico, according to a statement from his son, Senator Tom Udall. Known affectionately as “Stew,” he was ninety years old and the last surviving member of Kennedy’s original cabinet. While he did not remain an active Latter-day Saint in his later life, he nevertheless kept close ties with the Church and continued to self-identify as a Mormon, claiming that he was “Mormon born and bred, and it’s inside... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Data, Doctrines, & Doubts: Improving Gospel Instruction
- Julie M. Smith: This is a fabulous post; thank you.
- AA: Oh by the way, my wife disagrees with earrings entirely (after having many). I’m...
- AA: “One, you contradict yourself here by saying that to-do lists aren’t needed for...
- Alison Moore Smith: ji, don’t worry about my neck of the woods. My dad married a...
- ji: Alison, You will be happy to know that in all the wards I have lived in, our young men...
- Ben S: Welcome!
Notes From All Over
- Interfaith Video Competition Winners Announced August 31, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites August 31, 2015 August 31, 2015
- President Uchtdorf Dedicates New Addition to Church’s Polynesian Cultural Center in Hawaii August 29, 2015
- Church Creates Original Video Series on Addiction Recovery August 28, 2015
- Angel Moroni Lifted to the Top of the Fort Collins Colorado Temple August 27, 2015
- Church to Go Forward with Scouting Program August 26, 2015