Stewart Udall, U.S. Secretary of the Interior under Kennedy and Johnson and a prominent member of a prolific Mormon political dynasty, passed away Saturday morning at his home in Sante Fe, New Mexico, according to a statement from his son, Senator Tom Udall. Known affectionately as “Stew,” he was ninety years old and the last surviving member of Kennedy’s original cabinet. While he did not remain an active Latter-day Saint in his later life, he nevertheless kept close ties with the Church and continued to self-identify as a Mormon, claiming that he was “Mormon born and bred, and it’s inside... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Pray for the Cougars
- H.Bob: Okay, so who prayed for THAT!?
- DQ: Cry over your fields (and efforts) so that ye may prosper… (so that in the oft...
- Mike: While the occasions have been few and far between, there’s no question that I...
- Daniel Watkins: Ah, I see it was on an earlier list!
- Daniel Watkins: Another book that I think should be on the list is Jesus Through Middle...
Notes From All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 18 December 2014 December 18, 2014
- Behind the Scenes at the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert December 18, 2014
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | December 17 December 17, 2014
- Church Marks Centennial of World War I Christmas Truce December 16, 2014
- Two Temples Scheduled for Renovation in Germany and Idaho December 16, 2014
- Laura Bush and Daughter Jenna to Keynote RootsTech 2015 December 12, 2014