Stewart Udall, U.S. Secretary of the Interior under Kennedy and Johnson and a prominent member of a prolific Mormon political dynasty, passed away Saturday morning at his home in Sante Fe, New Mexico, according to a statement from his son, Senator Tom Udall. Known affectionately as “Stew,” he was ninety years old and the last surviving member of Kennedy’s original cabinet. While he did not remain an active Latter-day Saint in his later life, he nevertheless kept close ties with the Church and continued to self-identify as a Mormon, claiming that he was “Mormon born and bred, and it’s inside... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Review: First Principles and Ordinances
- Ben S: I’m reading through it, and will offer a short review at the Scribe , soonish.
- Dave: Thanks for the comments, everyone. I hope that other readers who have read this...
- J Lawrence: Thanks for the review. Your observations on the holes in the LDS doctrine of...
- Miriam Crawford: Wonderful loving semtiments. I indentified with each of them.
Notes From All Over
- MOTION GRAPHIC: LDS Charities Helps Provide Immunizations Around the World June 29, 2015
- Supreme Court Decision Will Not Alter Doctrine on Marriage June 26, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites June 25, 2015 June 25, 2015
- People and Place June 23, 2015
- Journalist Notes Similarities on Environmental Stewardship Between Faiths June 23, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: LDS Charities Helps Provide Clean Water Around the Globe June 22, 2015