When I was a youth (pre-1978), a magazine article about the Church hit the newsstands in Washington D.C., and we, local members, were ecstatic with what we considered great coverage of the Church. So I was very surprised at the negative reaction of the missionaries in our ward. It seems that the article had a few negative things to say that we thought were minor (and accurate), and the missionaries felt were major derogatory statements that put the Church in a bad light. While the situation isn’t the same, I read a similar reaction yesterday, objecting to the mention... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Who Likes Deseret Book?
- jcc: The general authorities don’t write anymore, compared to earlier decades. Any...
- the narrator: Call me an annoyed non-DB publisher, but I’m quite certain that DB is...
- the narrator: And purchase non DB titles, like this one (http://deseretbook.com/Re-...
- Nathaniel Givens: csstrayer- One of my main concerns lately (that I think is relevant to...
- Nathaniel Givens: I’m skeptical of the idea that we’re necessarily progressing...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Church Provides Preview of Historic Site Under Construction in Pennsylvania September 29, 2014
- Church Hosts Second General Women’s Meeting for Women and Girls September 27, 2014
- Pew: Religion Losing Influence in America September 24, 2014
- Church History Museum Closes for Interior Renovation September 24, 2014
- Exhibit Highlights Women in the Scriptures September 24, 2014
- Church Members Look Forward to Second General Women’s Meeting September 24, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ stereotyping ’
May 3, 2009 | 48 commentsBy Kent Larsen