As most readers here no doubt know, Mormon academic and author Stephen R. Covey died earlier this week. Covey was best known for his highly popular self-help book, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, which earned him fame and fortune, as well as some detractors. His death, together with the fact that my bookclub is currently reading Viktor Frankl’s influential book Man’s Search for Meaning and that I came across an old conference talk drawn from a self-help book, led me to ponder a bit about Covey’s influence and self-help books in general and the influence that... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Three Neophytes
- mirrorrorrim: Also, issues of diversity aside, Brother Dale gave a moving testimony during...
- Bjørn: The issue relating to greater cultural diversity (and thereby greater cultural...
- whizzbang: Apostles come from all shapes and sizes, some are very well educated and some...
- WalkerW: “Adam was placed in the Garden of Eden “to dress it and to keep it”...
- Mike: Six days shalt thou labor… I suggest that half or even most of Sabbath...
Notes From All Over
- Mormonism in Pictures: Reflections of General Conference Fall 2015 October 9, 2015
- New Presiding Bishopric Announced October 9, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites October 9, 2015 October 9, 2015
- Church Recognized for Saving Electricity and Protecting the Environment October 8, 2015
- Leadership Changes in Presidency of the Seventy Announced October 6, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | October 5, 2015 October 5, 2015