As most readers here no doubt know, Mormon academic and author Stephen R. Covey died earlier this week. Covey was best known for his highly popular self-help book, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, which earned him fame and fortune, as well as some detractors. His death, together with the fact that my bookclub is currently reading Viktor Frankl’s influential book Man’s Search for Meaning and that I came across an old conference talk drawn from a self-help book, led me to ponder a bit about Covey’s influence and self-help books in general and the influence that... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Women and the Church – Constructively Engaging the Arguments
- John C.: Mephibosheth, I suppose because there is no history of systemic oppression of men...
- Mephibosheth: John C., Does setting aside positions at elite universities for minorities...
- John C.: Mephibosheth, I’m sorry for being obtuse. It’s like you are saying...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Fort Lauderdale Temple Named Best Cultural/Worship Project by Top Southeast Contractors August 27, 2014
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 23 August August 23, 2014
- Ground Broken for Meridian Idaho Temple August 23, 2014
- Apostle Calls for Uplifting Social Media Messages to Sweep the Earth August 19, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: What Do Mormon Teens Do? August 14, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 13 August 2014 August 13, 2014