The 10 chapters in this week’s Sunday School lesson (#31) are among the most exciting in the Book of Mormon—at least if you are a 10-year-old boy. They tell the story of Captain Moroni, the battles he fought for freedom, and his “Title of Liberty.” Of course, even for adults they are important chapters, detailing a struggle for liberty and raising the kind of questions that so many in the world have to face, even today, when addressing what kind of government their country needs. Even in most western democracies, the issues of liberty have at least a peripheral... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- When to Disobey
- ji: “Petty”, not “pretty” — I really dislike...
- ji: Oh, and the Relief Society President can honorably decline to accept responsibility...
- Steve Smith: Jonathan, I don’t think that your ideas about stewardship square with LDS...
Notes From All Over
- Violin Phenom Lindsey Stirling to Live Chat Online with Mormon Youth November 24, 2014
- Faith Online: In Your Own Words | 21 November 2014 November 21, 2014
- Historic Vatican Summit on Strengthening Marriage Concludes November 19, 2014
- 'Glorious’ Video Compilation Features Singers Around the World November 18, 2014
- Church Moves Forward With Expansion Plans for Provo MTC November 18, 2014
- At Vatican Summit, Mormon Leader Calls for “Renaissance” of Happy Marriages November 18, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ Standard of Liberty ’
July 30, 2012 | one commentBy Kent Larsen