The 10 chapters in this week’s Sunday School lesson (#31) are among the most exciting in the Book of Mormon—at least if you are a 10-year-old boy. They tell the story of Captain Moroni, the battles he fought for freedom, and his “Title of Liberty.” Of course, even for adults they are important chapters, detailing a struggle for liberty and raising the kind of questions that so many in the world have to face, even today, when addressing what kind of government their country needs. Even in most western democracies, the issues of liberty have at least a peripheral... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Data, Doctrines, & Doubts: Improving Gospel Instruction
- Julie M. Smith: This is a fabulous post; thank you.
- AA: Oh by the way, my wife disagrees with earrings entirely (after having many). I’m...
- AA: “One, you contradict yourself here by saying that to-do lists aren’t needed for...
- Alison Moore Smith: ji, don’t worry about my neck of the woods. My dad married a...
- ji: Alison, You will be happy to know that in all the wards I have lived in, our young men...
- Ben S: Welcome!
Notes From All Over
- Interfaith Video Competition Winners Announced August 31, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites August 31, 2015 August 31, 2015
- President Uchtdorf Dedicates New Addition to Church’s Polynesian Cultural Center in Hawaii August 29, 2015
- Church Creates Original Video Series on Addiction Recovery August 28, 2015
- Angel Moroni Lifted to the Top of the Fort Collins Colorado Temple August 27, 2015
- Church to Go Forward with Scouting Program August 26, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ Standard of Liberty ’
July 30, 2012 | one commentBy Kent Larsen