The 10 chapters in this week’s Sunday School lesson (#31) are among the most exciting in the Book of Mormon—at least if you are a 10-year-old boy. They tell the story of Captain Moroni, the battles he fought for freedom, and his “Title of Liberty.” Of course, even for adults they are important chapters, detailing a struggle for liberty and raising the kind of questions that so many in the world have to face, even today, when addressing what kind of government their country needs. Even in most western democracies, the issues of liberty have at least a peripheral... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Genesis- Various thoughts and notes on a Saturday night.
- Nancy Phippen browne: Excellent information. I went into this also in my book “Help...
- Terry H: Thanks Ben. This is a treat as always. I think I have some additional reading...
- Dave: Thanks for the link to your review, Keith. Highly recommended for anyone who finds...
- BL: “The second view is, by comparison to the first, fairly welcoming.” Maybe...
- PP: Sara – Regardless of what Elder Ballard said in conference about the united...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | Jan 23 January 23, 2015
- Catholic Archbishop Delivers Message on Religious Freedom at Brigham Young University January 23, 2015
- Reid L. Neilson Named Assistant Church Historian and Recorder January 23, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 22 January 2015 January 22, 2015
- Mormonism In the News: Getting It Right | January 22, 2015 January 22, 2015
- The Humanitarian Impulse January 21, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ Standard of Liberty ’
July 30, 2012 | one commentBy Kent Larsen