Every General Conference, the LDS Church releases a statistical report that gives a brief window into how the Church has changed over the past year. With my accounting background, I’m a bit of a statistics wonk, and I’ve long thought that there is a lot that can be gleaned from these statistics and from the additional information published in the Deseret News Church Almanac. So this year, I thought I’d put together some statistics calculated from the figures that the Church gives out each year — a kind of report of the implications of the Church’s statistical report. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Defending the FamilyPrivilege and the Family
- Clark Goble: Just to add again for emphasis. If you can seriously reduce drug and alcohol...
- Clark Goble: First I think family really should be held in high esteem. I do worry about...
- Jax: Amen to #19 and #20 Honestly, when you got married did you do so primarily to benefit...
- Alison Moore Smith: “Hahaha, I love your spelled-out impression of Brother...
- Alison Moore Smith: Left Field, if you can find David Bowie and give him a nudge that...
Notes From All Over
- Church Leaders Focus on Family and Service at General Women's Session March 28, 2015
- Two Faiths Find Common Ground at Vancouver, Washington Easter Concert March 27, 2015
- In a Game of Total Victory We All Lose March 27, 2015
- Church Shares 'Because He Lives' Easter Initiative March 27, 2015
- In Post-Storm Vanuatu, Mormons Quick to Rebuild March 27, 2015
- Annual General Conference Reaches Global Audience March 26, 2015