Yesterday’s priesthood lesson opened with what turned out to be a provocative question: How do you measure obedience? How do we know when we are being obedient?And, perhaps most difficult, how do we know that we aren’t fooling ourselves? Read more »
- Polygamy: DemiseReview: For the Cause of Righteousness: A Global History of Blacks and Mormonism, 1830-2013
- JMS: Can anyone comment on how this book covers territory similar to or different from...
- Russell: Jack: For my part, it’s more representative of my personal writing DNA. I...
- Dave: Jack P — there was commentary/criticism in the narrower sense introducing and...
- Julie M. Smith: Thanks, stephenchardy
- stephenchardy: Every week I enjoy having my world turned upside-down a bit with Julie...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Practice 100 Years of Family Home Evening April 21, 2015
- Payson Utah Temple Opens Doors to the Public April 21, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites April 20, 2015 April 20, 2015
- New Mormon Institute of Religion Building Dedicated on Arizona Campus April 20, 2015
- Public Invited to Tour Córdoba Argentina Temple April 14, 2015
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | April 14, 2015 April 14, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ spirituality ’
In priesthood meeting a couple of weeks ago we discussed fasting and prayer and how long you need to fast or pray for it to be effective. It occurred to me then that many male members of the Church have a tendency to approach spiritual isssues like this as a macho exercise. Read more »