Nauvoo had its Relief Society, but the “society of sisters” in Boston was instead the “Sewing and Penny Society,” or so the Church’s New York City newspaper reported. Despite all that the Relief Society has become in the nearly 170 years since it was founded, it apparently only existed in Nauvoo. In other areas, women were left to their own devices. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Polygamy: Demise
- jcobabe: Testimony at the Bloggernacle has to be considered as a hostile witness in this...
- Josh Smith: Dave, I skimmed the Hales’ arguments. I’m sure that type of...
- Dave: Thanks for the comments, everyone. Josh, certainly a close reading of D&C 132...
- Cameron N.: ^ lbw, check out ‘Thunderbolts Project’ on youtube, some...
- lbw: I think many ancient cosmologies were a lot more intelligent than many give credit....
Notes From All Over
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | April 14, 2015 April 14, 2015
- Public Invited to Tour Córdoba Argentina Temple April 14, 2015
- Open House Tickets for Payson Utah Temple Now Available April 13, 2015
- Religious Freedom and Fairness for All April 13, 2015
- "Because He Lives" Initiative Spreads Easter Message to Millions April 8, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 6 April 2015 April 6, 2015