I think I was 12 or so when, in rummaging around my father’s home office, I discovered the family genealogy. Over time I was hooked, visiting our local branch genealogy library and, when we visited Utah during a family vacation, I spent hours and days at the Genealogical Society library, then installed in the new Church Office Building, simply collecting the work that had already been done, copying family group sheet after family group sheet. All this was possible because, as the descendant of early Mormon pioneers, huge amounts of research on my ancestry has already been done. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Mormon Weakness
- Carrie: Adam- your choice isn’t weak, but only an individual can decide how to...
- robert: I think there is something bigger than ourselves … just not this … 14...
- theoldadam: Paul was strong…as Saul, the Pharisee. Strong. Self-confident in what he was...
- Portlander: Dear Julie, I grew up in the era when the Patriarchal oder in the home was...
- Portlander: Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon (Another Testament of Jesus...
Notes From All Over
- Church Continues to Monitor and Respond to Ebola Situation October 29, 2014
- First Presidency Issues Letter Encouraging Political Participation, Voting October 29, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 28 October 2014 October 28, 2014
- Freedom of Religion in the Workplace Discussed at the UN October 28, 2014
- Difference and Dignity October 24, 2014
- Entertainer Donny Osmond to Speak at RootsTech 2015 October 23, 2014