Nauvoo had its Relief Society, but the “society of sisters” in Boston was instead the “Sewing and Penny Society,” or so the Church’s New York City newspaper reported. Despite all that the Relief Society has become in the nearly 170 years since it was founded, it apparently only existed in Nauvoo. In other areas, women were left to their own devices. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Package Deal
- Pacumeni: Several European countries now offer expensive financial incentives to their...
- Brian Rostron: It is no accident that Utah is the youngest state in the nation, that...
- Martin James: If its about package deals then I’m going for the 72 virgins in heaven.
Notes From All Over
- Thousands Gather at BYU for Annual Women’s Conference May 1, 2015
- Open House and Rededication Dates Announced for Montreal Quebec Temple April 30, 2015
- Church Approves Electronic Method to Submit Tithes and Other Charitable Donations April 29, 2015
- Apostle Speaks at Historic Religious Freedom Event in Brazil April 29, 2015
- Elder Richard G. Scott Released from Hospital April 28, 2015
- Church Provides Donation to Children’s Justice Center in Utah April 28, 2015