Yesterday in the Sacrament Meeting I attended, we closed singing the Star Spangled Banner (I managed to suppress the urge to yell “Play Ball” at the end). While going through the typical sacrament meeting in the U.S. before the July 4th Independence Day holiday, I couldn’t help thinking about what role patriotism should play in my life. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- A More Nuanced Approach to Scripture
- MTN: edit: I mean to say “separate authors rather than separate beings”
- MTN: For Cameron, I agree there should be a distinction between “literal...
- Steve Smith: There is only so much backing away from the literal interpretation of...
- Kent Larsen: You are correct! I’ve changed the text above to reflect the correct...
- M Buxton: Very nice, Kent. The penultimate line’s mention of kneeling at an alter...
- Walter van Beek: Good for you Tiger, to learn from the English. Thanks Ben for the...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Church Expands Use of Digital Devices for Missionary Work July 2, 2014
- Apostle Throws Out the First Pitch at Dodgers Game July 1, 2014
- How and When Were the First Mormon Sister Missionaries Called? This Video Explains June 30, 2014
- Church Leaders' Message Addresses Doctrine, Questions June 28, 2014
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 27 June June 27, 2014
- Church Hopes Nation’s Highest Court Will Uphold Traditional Marriage June 25, 2014