We often use the phrase “a marvelous work and a wonder” to describe the restoration and subsequent spread of the gospel across the earth. And this work is marvelous and wonderful, as lesson 20 of the Lorenzo Snow manual discusses. As a story it has conflict and drama and surprise. And it is, I think, easy to see the hand of God moving the work forward. It may be, however, that the work doesn’t move forward in a straight line, continually growing and improving. Our history shows, I think, some steps back, times when problems led many to leave... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Messianicity & Historicity
- Clark Goble: Mattathias, doesn’t the Nephite wars under Mormon and Moroni undermine...
- Jack: Adam, I think you need to walk on this dusty planet a little longer. Sure, you feel...
- rameumptom: Would I be wrong to consider this idea on the same level as ancient Hebrews...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | Jan 23 January 23, 2015
- Catholic Archbishop Delivers Message on Religious Freedom at Brigham Young University January 23, 2015
- Reid L. Neilson Named Assistant Church Historian and Recorder January 23, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 22 January 2015 January 22, 2015
- Mormonism In the News: Getting It Right | January 22, 2015 January 22, 2015
- The Humanitarian Impulse January 21, 2015