We often use the phrase “a marvelous work and a wonder” to describe the restoration and subsequent spread of the gospel across the earth. And this work is marvelous and wonderful, as lesson 20 of the Lorenzo Snow manual discusses. As a story it has conflict and drama and surprise. And it is, I think, easy to see the hand of God moving the work forward. It may be, however, that the work doesn’t move forward in a straight line, continually growing and improving. Our history shows, I think, some steps back, times when problems led many to leave... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Book Review: The Council of Fifty: A Documentary History
- Clark Goble: While non-Mormon American views are rather understandable I wonder how much...
- Joel: Dave, thanks for the clarification.
- Dave: Joel, the initial arrest was for the destruction of the printing press, and several...
- J Town: I agree that not enough people read to prepare for lessons. To my shame, I’m...
- Steve Smith: If only all OT teachers were Ben S. While the OT is a fascinating book to...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | December 17 December 17, 2014
- Church Marks Centennial of World War I Christmas Truce December 16, 2014
- Two Temples Scheduled for Renovation in Germany and Idaho December 16, 2014
- New Temples To Open in 2015 December 12, 2014
- Laura Bush and Daughter Jenna to Keynote RootsTech 2015 December 12, 2014
- Mormon Temples Currently Under Construction December 12, 2014