We often use the phrase “a marvelous work and a wonder” to describe the restoration and subsequent spread of the gospel across the earth. And this work is marvelous and wonderful, as lesson 20 of the Lorenzo Snow manual discusses. As a story it has conflict and drama and surprise. And it is, I think, easy to see the hand of God moving the work forward. It may be, however, that the work doesn’t move forward in a straight line, continually growing and improving. Our history shows, I think, some steps back, times when problems led many to leave... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- On Conflation; or, Throwing the Baby Out with the Bathwater in 1911
- Josh Smith: +1 Tim (#27). That’s my experience as well. Someone engaged in learning...
- Tim: “I think people overestimate the degree of our understanding of the natural...
- Cameron N.: Ben S., from what I can tell, usually people stuff like Job/Jonah in one silo...
Notes From All Over
- Church to Monitor BSA Policy Discussion May 21, 2015
- Church Dedicates Córdoba Argentina Temple May 17, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 13 May 2015 May 13, 2015
- BYU–Hawaii's Board of Trustees Announces New President May 12, 2015
- Church Issues Update on Health of Leaders May 8, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites May 8, 2015 May 8, 2015