We often use the phrase “a marvelous work and a wonder” to describe the restoration and subsequent spread of the gospel across the earth. And this work is marvelous and wonderful, as lesson 20 of the Lorenzo Snow manual discusses. As a story it has conflict and drama and surprise. And it is, I think, easy to see the hand of God moving the work forward. It may be, however, that the work doesn’t move forward in a straight line, continually growing and improving. Our history shows, I think, some steps back, times when problems led many to leave... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Magic and Mechanisms
- Steve Smith: I get the sense that Mormon doctrine was originally preached mostly as...
- Silfo: It may not have been deception, all spirit is matter, but it is more fine or pure....
- Craig H.: That’s really nice Wilfried, and heartbreakingly true.
- areynolds2466: That’s not a very generous reading, N. This is beautiful and rings...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Church Provides Preview of Historic Site Under Construction in Pennsylvania September 29, 2014
- Church Hosts Second General Women’s Meeting for Women and Girls September 27, 2014
- Pew: Religion Losing Influence in America September 24, 2014
- Church History Museum Closes for Interior Renovation September 24, 2014
- Exhibit Highlights Women in the Scriptures September 24, 2014
- Church Members Look Forward to Second General Women’s Meeting September 24, 2014