In October a young kid’s fancy swiftly turns to thoughts of treats. With four young kids in our home, you can guess what’s on our minds lately. At our house we celebrate a thoroughly domesticated Halloween, with no concerns about satanism or sugar, just plenty of candy corn and friendly ghosts and homely, homemade costumes. And trick-or-treating. But this year the calendar plays a trick on us: Halloween falls on a Sunday. We observe the Sabbath in a fairly rigorous but, I hope, joyful and worshipful way: we commune at Church, and we rest, read, play, walk, bike, share... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Women in General Conference: It’s Not a “Primary Voice”Announcing Auto-Pray!
- Hedgehog: We had that sign in the London Temple cafeteria too. I recall something about it...
- rah: That is really interesting Alison! I always thought the point of praying over food...
Notes From All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 31 March 2015 March 31, 2015
- Church Leaders Focus on Family and Service at General Women's Session March 28, 2015
- Church Shares 'Because He Lives' Easter Initiative March 27, 2015
- In a Game of Total Victory We All Lose March 27, 2015
- Two Faiths Find Common Ground at Vancouver, Washington Easter Concert March 27, 2015
- In Post-Storm Vanuatu, Mormons Quick to Rebuild March 27, 2015