In October a young kid’s fancy swiftly turns to thoughts of treats. With four young kids in our home, you can guess what’s on our minds lately. At our house we celebrate a thoroughly domesticated Halloween, with no concerns about satanism or sugar, just plenty of candy corn and friendly ghosts and homely, homemade costumes. And trick-or-treating. But this year the calendar plays a trick on us: Halloween falls on a Sunday. We observe the Sabbath in a fairly rigorous but, I hope, joyful and worshipful way: we commune at Church, and we rest, read, play, walk, bike, share... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- On Conflation; or, Throwing the Baby Out with the Bathwater in 1911
- Brad L: I’m having trouble seeing how myth is a “loaded term.” It has...
- Clark Goble: In one sense Mike, you’re view of what’s important is completely...
- Cameron N.: I understand the sentiment Mike. However, I think most members detect more...
Notes From All Over
- Church Commemorates War of 1812, End of Civil War 150th Anniversary May 22, 2015
- Church to Monitor BSA Policy Discussion May 21, 2015
- Church Dedicates Córdoba Argentina Temple May 17, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 13 May 2015 May 13, 2015
- BYU–Hawaii's Board of Trustees Announces New President May 12, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites May 8, 2015 May 8, 2015