In October a young kid’s fancy swiftly turns to thoughts of treats. With four young kids in our home, you can guess what’s on our minds lately. At our house we celebrate a thoroughly domesticated Halloween, with no concerns about satanism or sugar, just plenty of candy corn and friendly ghosts and homely, homemade costumes. And trick-or-treating. But this year the calendar plays a trick on us: Halloween falls on a Sunday. We observe the Sabbath in a fairly rigorous but, I hope, joyful and worshipful way: we commune at Church, and we rest, read, play, walk, bike, share... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- A sad Sunday
- Brad L: No it wasn’t worth your time, Ojiisan. My advice is if you choose to respond...
- Ojiisan: Brad L: Probably not worth my time but I’ll give it one more shot . 1....
- Brad L: Uchtdorf is purporting to make a statement of fact rather than a statement of his...
- Michelle: (There is a comment in moderation that had several links to a free book on...
- Michelle: Can I also just share a thought about the question re: universal salvation? In...
Notes From All Over
- Church, Governments and Humanitarian Partners Aid Refugees in Europe November 24, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites November 24, 2015 November 24, 2015
- Faith Leaders Participate in Dedication of New Church Meetinghouse in Washington, D.C. November 23, 2015
- Montreal Quebec Temple Opens Following Rededication November 22, 2015
- Worldwide Mormon Leaders Cheryl Esplin and Neill Marriott Visit Women and Children in Asia November 20, 2015
- First Presidency Expresses Love, Support for French People November 14, 2015