In October a young kid’s fancy swiftly turns to thoughts of treats. With four young kids in our home, you can guess what’s on our minds lately. At our house we celebrate a thoroughly domesticated Halloween, with no concerns about satanism or sugar, just plenty of candy corn and friendly ghosts and homely, homemade costumes. And trick-or-treating. But this year the calendar plays a trick on us: Halloween falls on a Sunday. We observe the Sabbath in a fairly rigorous but, I hope, joyful and worshipful way: we commune at Church, and we rest, read, play, walk, bike, share... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Church Sticks with Boys
- mirrorrorrim: jcobabe, you’re being a bit silly, don’t you think? The vast...
- Bryan in VA: The correct wording should be “with equal concern for the substantial number...
- jcobabe: Saddened that this issue has become an excuse to complain and criticize, I...
Notes From All Over
- Church Creates Original Video Series on Addiction Recovery August 28, 2015
- Angel Moroni Lifted to the Top of the Fort Collins Colorado Temple August 27, 2015
- Church to Go Forward with Scouting Program August 26, 2015
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | August 25, 2015 August 25, 2015
- First Latter-day Saint Temple in Indiana Dedicated August 23, 2015
- Frankfurt Germany Temple to Close for Renovation August 20, 2015