In October a young kid’s fancy swiftly turns to thoughts of treats. With four young kids in our home, you can guess what’s on our minds lately. At our house we celebrate a thoroughly domesticated Halloween, with no concerns about satanism or sugar, just plenty of candy corn and friendly ghosts and homely, homemade costumes. And trick-or-treating. But this year the calendar plays a trick on us: Halloween falls on a Sunday. We observe the Sabbath in a fairly rigorous but, I hope, joyful and worshipful way: we commune at Church, and we rest, read, play, walk, bike, share... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Guest Post: The World Is Improving
- Just Saying: While the article has a lot of insightful statistics, it has two problematic...
- ABM: p, I have seen some of those types at church too. The church isn’t them…...
- p: Guilty as charged, ABM, but the wards I’ve belonged to, as Tim above seems to...
- Sara: Thank you Julie!
Notes From All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 30 January 2015 January 30, 2015
- Construction of Rome Italy Temple to Resume at Normal Pace January 29, 2015
- BYU-Idaho's Board of Trustees Announces New President January 27, 2015
- Mormon Leaders Call for Laws That Protect Religious Freedom January 27, 2015
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | Jan 23 January 23, 2015
- Reid L. Neilson Named Assistant Church Historian and Recorder January 23, 2015