The corruption and internal strife in the initial chapters of Helaman are marked by the rise of secret combinations among the Nephites and Gadianton’s rule over the band eventually known as Gadianton’s Robbers. While I think our society today is far from the level of corruption seen then, we certainly deal with similar corruption to a smaller degree. And societies we do know today (perhaps Somalia and Zimbabwe and probably others also) seem as corrupt or worse than what the Nephite’s had to deal with. It is hard to imagine how anyone survives such regimes without also becoming corrupt. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- My Theory of the Church’s Statement on the Change in BSA Policy
- ji: I have to believe that none of the large corporate sponsors who abandoned the BSA on...
- Martin James: A comment about economics and the boy scouts. The percentage of males in the...
- Kenzo: lol Gary. RIP Boy Scouts of America, 1910-2015. Cause of death: gay frolicking.
- SilverRain: Spending six weeks at home to recover from childbirth is not the same as...
- mirrorrorrim: For me, physical differences distract from spiritual and mental sameness,...
- Raymond Takashi Swenson: Boyd K. Packer was a military pilot who was stationed in Japan...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites July 30, 2015 July 30, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: Helping the Needy; It's a Hand Up July 29, 2015
- Church Re-evaluating Scouting Program July 27, 2015
- Mormonism in Pictures: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Expands Outreach July 23, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir Announces 2016 European Tour July 23, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: LDS Charities Provides Wheelchairs Around the World July 20, 2015