The corruption and internal strife in the initial chapters of Helaman are marked by the rise of secret combinations among the Nephites and Gadianton’s rule over the band eventually known as Gadianton’s Robbers. While I think our society today is far from the level of corruption seen then, we certainly deal with similar corruption to a smaller degree. And societies we do know today (perhaps Somalia and Zimbabwe and probably others also) seem as corrupt or worse than what the Nephite’s had to deal with. It is hard to imagine how anyone survives such regimes without also becoming corrupt. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Hypothetical “Missionary Library”About Social Media
- ceejay: Have the leaders have ever wanted the silent majority to live up to that name? I...
- Cameron N.: I thought the talk was interesting, not because I don’t believe Elder...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Apostle Calls for Uplifting Social Media Messages to Sweep the Earth August 19, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: What Do Mormon Teens Do? August 14, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 13 August 2014 August 13, 2014
- “This Is a Woman’s Church,” Says Director of Humanitarian Services and LDS Charities August 12, 2014
- Missionary Work: Experiences Shape the Future August 11, 2014
- Public Invited to Tour the Phoenix Arizona Temple August 7, 2014