The corruption and internal strife in the initial chapters of Helaman are marked by the rise of secret combinations among the Nephites and Gadianton’s rule over the band eventually known as Gadianton’s Robbers. While I think our society today is far from the level of corruption seen then, we certainly deal with similar corruption to a smaller degree. And societies we do know today (perhaps Somalia and Zimbabwe and probably others also) seem as corrupt or worse than what the Nephite’s had to deal with. It is hard to imagine how anyone survives such regimes without also becoming corrupt. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Polygamy: Demise
- SilverRain: As someone who had been led by God to do things I never thought I would, I...
- Tim: “Because Utah courts have ruled that polygamy is no longer...
- Lory: Thanks to all commenters who speak against polygamy. The practice, and also the...
- Cameron N.: ^ lbw, check out ‘Thunderbolts Project’ on youtube, some...
- lbw: I think many ancient cosmologies were a lot more intelligent than many give credit....
Notes From All Over
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | April 14, 2015 April 14, 2015
- Public Invited to Tour Córdoba Argentina Temple April 14, 2015
- Open House Tickets for Payson Utah Temple Now Available April 13, 2015
- Religious Freedom and Fairness for All April 13, 2015
- "Because He Lives" Initiative Spreads Easter Message to Millions April 8, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 6 April 2015 April 6, 2015