The corruption and internal strife in the initial chapters of Helaman are marked by the rise of secret combinations among the Nephites and Gadianton’s rule over the band eventually known as Gadianton’s Robbers. While I think our society today is far from the level of corruption seen then, we certainly deal with similar corruption to a smaller degree. And societies we do know today (perhaps Somalia and Zimbabwe and probably others also) seem as corrupt or worse than what the Nephite’s had to deal with. It is hard to imagine how anyone survives such regimes without also becoming corrupt. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- When to Disobey
- Tim: When I was an EQP, I would’ve much rather had people say no to callings like...
- Michelle: I also really love this from Elder Holland. I think it’s relevant. From...
- Michelle: Nathaniel, thanks for this. I can relate to Alison’s comment about feeling...
Notes From All Over
- Church to Send Email Messages to Members Worldwide November 25, 2014
- The Voice of Religious Conscience November 25, 2014
- Mormons Join Christians Around the World to Celebrate the Bible November 25, 2014
- Violin Phenom Lindsey Stirling to Live Chat Online with Mormon Youth November 24, 2014
- Faith Online: In Your Own Words | 21 November 2014 November 21, 2014
- Historic Vatican Summit on Strengthening Marriage Concludes November 19, 2014