The corruption and internal strife in the initial chapters of Helaman are marked by the rise of secret combinations among the Nephites and Gadianton’s rule over the band eventually known as Gadianton’s Robbers. While I think our society today is far from the level of corruption seen then, we certainly deal with similar corruption to a smaller degree. And societies we do know today (perhaps Somalia and Zimbabwe and probably others also) seem as corrupt or worse than what the Nephite’s had to deal with. It is hard to imagine how anyone survives such regimes without also becoming corrupt. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Church Sticks with Boys
- mem: jcobabe–“…th ou hast elected us that we shall be saved,whilst all...
- mirrorrorrim: jcobabe, you’re being a bit silly, don’t you think? The vast...
- Bryan in VA: The correct wording should be “with equal concern for the substantial number...
Notes From All Over
- Church Creates Original Video Series on Addiction Recovery August 28, 2015
- Angel Moroni Lifted to the Top of the Fort Collins Colorado Temple August 27, 2015
- Church to Go Forward with Scouting Program August 26, 2015
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | August 25, 2015 August 25, 2015
- First Latter-day Saint Temple in Indiana Dedicated August 23, 2015
- Frankfurt Germany Temple to Close for Renovation August 20, 2015