The corruption and internal strife in the initial chapters of Helaman are marked by the rise of secret combinations among the Nephites and Gadianton’s rule over the band eventually known as Gadianton’s Robbers. While I think our society today is far from the level of corruption seen then, we certainly deal with similar corruption to a smaller degree. And societies we do know today (perhaps Somalia and Zimbabwe and probably others also) seem as corrupt or worse than what the Nephite’s had to deal with. It is hard to imagine how anyone survives such regimes without also becoming corrupt. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Faithful priesthood narratives?
- Jax: But even though these presiding authorities hold and exercise all of the keys...
- ji: Alison Moore Smith, Jesus Christ is your model, and mine, and everyone else’s....
- Josh Smith: Like. James, hopefully I can sit down and type out a more thoughtful response...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Santino Fontana Headline Pioneer Day Concerts July 20, 2014
- Groundbreaking Date Announced for Meridian Idaho Mormon Temple July 18, 2014
- Ogden Utah Temple Open House: Tickets Available 21 July July 17, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 15 July 2014 July 15, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: A Look at Members, Missionaries and Temples in Peru July 14, 2014
- Reports Show Alcohol’s Destructive Influence Worldwide July 9, 2014