The corruption and internal strife in the initial chapters of Helaman are marked by the rise of secret combinations among the Nephites and Gadianton’s rule over the band eventually known as Gadianton’s Robbers. While I think our society today is far from the level of corruption seen then, we certainly deal with similar corruption to a smaller degree. And societies we do know today (perhaps Somalia and Zimbabwe and probably others also) seem as corrupt or worse than what the Nephite’s had to deal with. It is hard to imagine how anyone survives such regimes without also becoming corrupt. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- On Conflation; or, Throwing the Baby Out with the Bathwater in 1911
- Brad L: Here it is.
- Josh Smith: DQ, I’m not sure what you’re saying. I went back and read my...
- Brad L: it’s not the backwards conservatives saying the debate is over. Eldon...
- Another Joel: “Esau who squandered his birthright for a bowl of soup” Speaking...
- Michael McNew: As stated in this radio show: https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=H37793fEQ2s...
Notes From All Over
- Church Commemorates War of 1812, End of Civil War 150th Anniversary May 22, 2015
- Church to Monitor BSA Policy Discussion May 21, 2015
- Church Dedicates Córdoba Argentina Temple May 17, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 13 May 2015 May 13, 2015
- BYU–Hawaii's Board of Trustees Announces New President May 12, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites May 8, 2015 May 8, 2015