The corruption and internal strife in the initial chapters of Helaman are marked by the rise of secret combinations among the Nephites and Gadianton’s rule over the band eventually known as Gadianton’s Robbers. While I think our society today is far from the level of corruption seen then, we certainly deal with similar corruption to a smaller degree. And societies we do know today (perhaps Somalia and Zimbabwe and probably others also) seem as corrupt or worse than what the Nephite’s had to deal with. It is hard to imagine how anyone survives such regimes without also becoming corrupt. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- 2015 Gen Conf–Sunday AfternoonA 15-year-old’s Notes about Sunday Morning Gen ConfMy Life as a Mama DragonThe random thoughts and perspectives of a 17-year-old kid about the Sat. Morning Gen Conf sessionA 9-year-old Child’s Notes on Gen Conf Sat afternoon
- Brian Rostron: Yes, diversity of opinion is troublesome.
- Kylie Turley: Thanks for commenting. The 9-year-old is thrilled that you are reading this!
Notes From All Over
- Three Named to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles October 3, 2015
- Coverage and News Media Resources from the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- The World Report October 3, 2015
- Photos of the Speakers From the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- Mormon Temples Currently Under Construction October 2, 2015
- Children’s Handprints Displayed on Temple Square October 1, 2015