When we discuss the Sabbath in lessons, we can either focus on the things that we should not do to keep the day holy or we can focus on the things we can and should do. The 16th Gospel Doctrine lesson for the Doctrine and Covenants focuses more on the latter than on the former, discussing attending Sunday meetings and taking the sacrament first before moving on to the concept of a day of rest and keeping the day holy. And I think for most Mormons today the focus is on what we do on the Sabbath—go to Church. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Next Generation’s Faith Crisis
- g.wesley: jt (20) and julie (22), if i understand correctly, you’re suggesting that...
- g.wesley: julie (13), sketching out possibilities and then suggesting that a definitive...
- Josh Smith: I agree with Thor (52). (When I woke up this morning, I had no idea I’d...
- P Harline: I’m tired of all the Reformation-loving kids trampling the flower beds.
- Craig H.: Steve, sure, Luther eventually didn’t love All Saints Day, but he was...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | October 31 October 31, 2014
- First Presidency Issues Letter Encouraging Political Participation, Voting October 29, 2014
- Church Continues to Monitor and Respond to Ebola Situation October 29, 2014
- Freedom of Religion in the Workplace Discussed at the UN October 28, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 28 October 2014 October 28, 2014
- Difference and Dignity October 24, 2014