When we discuss the Sabbath in lessons, we can either focus on the things that we should not do to keep the day holy or we can focus on the things we can and should do. The 16th Gospel Doctrine lesson for the Doctrine and Covenants focuses more on the latter than on the former, discussing attending Sunday meetings and taking the sacrament first before moving on to the concept of a day of rest and keeping the day holy. And I think for most Mormons today the focus is on what we do on the Sabbath—go to Church. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Running Missionary
- Wilfried: Let’s not make an argument here, Mark (23). Of course the church is not to...
- Mark B.: Cat (22) If you want to take the blame for the misguided acts of a few zealots,...
- Cat: Wilfried (21) – One additional thought, as a church we have already brought...
- James Anglin: Minimalism of conviction and maximalism of experiment are natural partners....
- p: “Once you really solve a problem like direct brain-computer interface …...
Notes From All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 6 March 2015 March 6, 2015
- Utah Lawmakers Introduce Bill Balancing Religious Freedom and Nondiscrimination Protections March 4, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 4 March 2015 March 3, 2015
- Women Church Leaders Visit Faith-Based Relief Agency in Texas March 3, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to Perform at Yankee Stadium March 2, 2015
- Church Dedicates Pasta and Mill Plant in Northern Utah March 2, 2015