I think the most significant event in Mosiah 18-24 is the baptism of Alma and his followers in the Waters of Mormon. There we find the great description of the Baptismal covenant, in which those baptized …are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places… This event led me to a poem by Parley P. Pratt about Baptism, a hymn that seeks to encourage non-members to partake of the ordinance. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Review: First Principles and Ordinances
- Ben S: I’m reading through it, and will offer a short review at the Scribe , soonish.
- Dave: Thanks for the comments, everyone. I hope that other readers who have read this...
- J Lawrence: Thanks for the review. Your observations on the holes in the LDS doctrine of...
- Miriam Crawford: Wonderful loving semtiments. I indentified with each of them.
Notes From All Over
- Supreme Court Decision Will Not Alter Doctrine on Marriage June 26, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites June 25, 2015 June 25, 2015
- Journalist Notes Similarities on Environmental Stewardship Between Faiths June 23, 2015
- People and Place June 23, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: LDS Charities Helps Provide Clean Water Around the Globe June 22, 2015
- Church Dedicates Trujillo Peru Temple June 21, 2015