I think the most significant event in Mosiah 18-24 is the baptism of Alma and his followers in the Waters of Mormon. There we find the great description of the Baptismal covenant, in which those baptized …are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places… This event led me to a poem by Parley P. Pratt about Baptism, a hymn that seeks to encourage non-members to partake of the ordinance. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Only True and Living Opinion
- SilverRain: The Tribune is not exactly a trustworthy host. They have no intention of being...
- Kristine A: p.s. viewpoint = venue also thanks for your two cents, Julie. I always meander...
- Kristine A: I can concede point 2 that it may not be the most fair viewpoint for a...
- SilverRain: Josh…It’s morally repugnant to kill someone. Still, God commanded...
- M Miles: I echo Josh Smith’s sentiments. I too worked in places where, “The...
Notes From All Over
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | April 14, 2015 April 14, 2015
- Public Invited to Tour Córdoba Argentina Temple April 14, 2015
- Open House Tickets for Payson Utah Temple Now Available April 13, 2015
- Religious Freedom and Fairness for All April 13, 2015
- "Because He Lives" Initiative Spreads Easter Message to Millions April 8, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 6 April 2015 April 6, 2015