The following is a translation from an article written by Emanuel Santana and published on the Brazilian group blog, Vozes Mórmons. I have divided it into three parts because the post is so long and raises so many questions about politics and the Church—things that strike me as repeatedly-covered issues in the U.S. and perhaps Canada, but which are new territory in Brazil and elsewhere around the world. This first part covers background information, from the introduction of the Church in Fortaleza to Moroni Torgan’s arrival and rise to prominence as Brazil’s first Mormon Congressman. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Review: Joseph Smith’s Polygamy: Toward a Better Understanding
- Jared: Thanks for the book review. I have always felt the best way to arrive at a rational...
- Damien: God bless Mr. Hales for trying to make sense of a nonsensical practice. Why God...
- James Anglin: Can you say a bit more about what you mean by calling the book...
- mem: There is certainly more to this than what is apparent to us here in mortality:...
- Cameron N.: You just described it Don so it’s pretty simple. Covenant keeping...
Notes From All Over
- Citizenship and Conscience May 6, 2015
- Open House Begins for the Trujillo Peru Temple May 5, 2015
- Update: Church Continues to Monitor and Respond to Ebola Situation May 5, 2015
- Mormon Youth Will Ask Apostle Questions in Live Chat Event May 5, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 4 May 2015 May 4, 2015
- Cedar City Utah Temple Groundbreaking in Late Summer May 4, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ Renato Torrano ’
August 14, 2012 | 6 commentsBy Kent Larsen