The place of Utah in LDS history is occasionally a topic of lessons like Doctrine and Covenants Gospel Doctrine lesson 36. And while today not all church members live in Utah or want to live there or feel that it is a place to admire, still, it is hard to argue with the fact that Utah played an important role in the formation of what Mormonism is today. As the lesson observes, the pioneers went to a place that no one wanted, a veritable desert, and created an impressive civilization. Its hard to say what they would think of... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Polygamy: DemiseThe Only True and Living Opinion
- Cameron N.: “the only true and living church in which I the Lord am well...
- alotlikelaman: As to your point #3, I’ve always been weary of the phrase,...
- sjames: ‘Traditionalists’ reified as a category doesn’t seem to do...
Notes From All Over
- Major Earthquake Strikes Nepal April 25, 2015
- Ground Broken for Star Valley Wyoming Temple April 25, 2015
- President Uchtdorf Speaks at Religious Symposium at USC April 24, 2015
- Elder L. Tom Perry to Receive Treatment for Cancer, Elder Richard G. Scott Hospitalized April 24, 2015
- In Argentina, Apostle Says Religious Freedom Is Everyone's Concern April 23, 2015
- In An Open Letter, Faith Leaders Reaffirm Commitment To Marriage And Religious Freedom April 23, 2015