The place of Utah in LDS history is occasionally a topic of lessons like Doctrine and Covenants Gospel Doctrine lesson 36. And while today not all church members live in Utah or want to live there or feel that it is a place to admire, still, it is hard to argue with the fact that Utah played an important role in the formation of what Mormonism is today. As the lesson observes, the pioneers went to a place that no one wanted, a veritable desert, and created an impressive civilization. Its hard to say what they would think of... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- “That They Might Have Joy”: Conquering Shame Through At-one-Ment
- Nate: I found a quote that sort of goes along with your interpretation of shame from the...
- Walker F: Absolutely superb, Walter. ;) You’ve done a great job, as always, in...
- mirrorrorrim: No need to convince me: I’m not a believer in the earth only being...
- Ben S.: “Reading it naturally” often means without context. I agree that...
- mirrorrorrim: Ben S., Joseph Fielding Smith had good reason: Doctrine and Covenants 77:6:...
Notes From All Over
- Church Launches ‘A Savior Is Born’ Christmas Initiative November 29, 2015
- Church, Governments and Humanitarian Partners Aid Refugees in Europe November 24, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites November 24, 2015 November 24, 2015
- Faith Leaders Participate in Dedication of New Church Meetinghouse in Washington, D.C. November 23, 2015
- Montreal Quebec Temple Opens Following Rededication November 22, 2015
- Worldwide Mormon Leaders Cheryl Esplin and Neill Marriott Visit Women and Children in Asia November 20, 2015