The news yesterday that artist Jon McNaughton had pulled his artwork from the BYU Bookstore led me to ponder once again the influence that Church-owned businesses and institutions have on Mormon Culture. While these institutions seem focused on how what they carry and produce reflects on themselves and, ultimately, the Church, I worry that the variety of books, art, music and other Mormon cultural materials aren’t as available as they should be. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Package Deal
- Alison Moore Smith: …a doctrine of eternal marriage all but required polygamy as a...
- whizzbang: @15-I live in a marginalized situation. I live in a small numerically wise...
- James Anglin: About the culture/theology chicken and egg: historically it seems clear that...
Notes From All Over
- Cedar City Utah Temple Groundbreaking in Late Summer May 4, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In your Own Words | 4 May 2015 May 4, 2015
- Thousands Gather at BYU for Annual Women’s Conference May 1, 2015
- Open House and Rededication Dates Announced for Montreal Quebec Temple April 30, 2015
- Apostle Speaks at Historic Religious Freedom Event in Brazil April 29, 2015
- Church Approves Electronic Method to Submit Tithes and Other Charitable Donations April 29, 2015