As most readers here no doubt know, Mormon academic and author Stephen R. Covey died earlier this week. Covey was best known for his highly popular self-help book, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, which earned him fame and fortune, as well as some detractors. His death, together with the fact that my bookclub is currently reading Viktor Frankl’s influential book Man’s Search for Meaning and that I came across an old conference talk drawn from a self-help book, led me to ponder a bit about Covey’s influence and self-help books in general and the influence that... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Unwritten Order of Things, Revisited
- Thoroughly Modified Millie: OK, Mark B., I will admit that there was too much snark in my...
- A Turtle Named Mack: I am not looking forward to Elder Packer’s death, but...
- Dave: Glenn, I think I am saying that the phrase “unwritten order of things”...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 22 September 2014 September 22, 2014
- Ogden Utah Temple Rededicated by President Thomas S. Monson September 21, 2014
- Civil Society and the Church September 19, 2014
- FamilySearch Initiative Invites People to #MeetMyGrandma September 19, 2014
- Women Auxiliary Leaders Provide Training in the Southeast September 16, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 15 September 2014 September 15, 2014