As most readers here no doubt know, Mormon academic and author Stephen R. Covey died earlier this week. Covey was best known for his highly popular self-help book, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, which earned him fame and fortune, as well as some detractors. His death, together with the fact that my bookclub is currently reading Viktor Frankl’s influential book Man’s Search for Meaning and that I came across an old conference talk drawn from a self-help book, led me to ponder a bit about Covey’s influence and self-help books in general and the influence that... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Review: First Principles and Ordinances
- Ben S: I’m reading through it, and will offer a short review at the Scribe , soonish.
- Dave: Thanks for the comments, everyone. I hope that other readers who have read this...
- J Lawrence: Thanks for the review. Your observations on the holes in the LDS doctrine of...
- Miriam Crawford: Wonderful loving semtiments. I indentified with each of them.
Notes From All Over
- Supreme Court Decision Will Not Alter Doctrine on Marriage June 26, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites June 25, 2015 June 25, 2015
- Journalist Notes Similarities on Environmental Stewardship Between Faiths June 23, 2015
- People and Place June 23, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: LDS Charities Helps Provide Clean Water Around the Globe June 22, 2015
- Church Dedicates Trujillo Peru Temple June 21, 2015