In looking for a literary work to go with the second Gospel Doctrine lesson this year, I was struck by some of the parallels between what Nephi experiences in the first few chapters in the Book of Mormon and what the early Mormons went through in traveling to Utah. Many of those we call the pioneers left comfortable homes, like Nephi and his family, and traveled to a “promised land” “into the wilderness.” And perhaps half or more of the pioneers also had to travel over an ocean to reach the promised land. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Letter to a CES Student
- jdh: Thank you, Rosalynde. That is helpful. So, put very simply, “bloom where...
- Rosalynde Welch: Andrew, I’m not totally sure that I’ve understood your...
- jdh: Josh (58), Thank you. Alas, I’m in Vegas. I agree with your comment 23. I too...
Notes From All Over
- Church Continues to Monitor and Respond to Ebola Situation October 29, 2014
- First Presidency Issues Letter Encouraging Political Participation, Voting October 29, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 28 October 2014 October 28, 2014
- Freedom of Religion in the Workplace Discussed at the UN October 28, 2014
- Difference and Dignity October 24, 2014
- Entertainer Donny Osmond to Speak at RootsTech 2015 October 23, 2014