In looking for a literary work to go with the second Gospel Doctrine lesson this year, I was struck by some of the parallels between what Nephi experiences in the first few chapters in the Book of Mormon and what the early Mormons went through in traveling to Utah. Many of those we call the pioneers left comfortable homes, like Nephi and his family, and traveled to a “promised land” “into the wilderness.” And perhaps half or more of the pioneers also had to travel over an ocean to reach the promised land. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- A gospel born in griefI was a stranger, and ye took me in
- DQ: Known the guy for 15 years who told it to me. It was in a transfer because their...
- Sonny: I just want to say that reading some of these comments that come off as lacking...
- Jax: Again, wreddyornot, I have no problem with the compassion/charity taking place. I...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 1 August August 1, 2014
- Missionaries Serving in Two African Nations are Re-Assigned August 1, 2014
- Public Invited to Tour Newly Remodeled Ogden Utah Temple July 29, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 23 July 2014 July 23, 2014
- FamilySearch Volunteers Break International Indexing Record July 23, 2014
- Mormon Youth in Utah Host Special Needs Pioneer Trek July 22, 2014