Programs and lifestyle are the main repositories of culture in a community. Programs are optional. Lifestyles are not. The person who declines to participate in a program still gets to sit in the audience at the awards ceremony. The person who declines to participate in a lifestyle is excluded from the flow of community life. Read more »
- The Body of Christ
- Cameron N.: Well, Jesus also said “the only true and living church upon the face of...
- EFF: What is “the church”? If you were to ask the Savior—actually, someone...
Notes From All Over
- Indianapolis Indiana Temple Topped With Angel Moroni Statue October 17, 2014
- Broadway Star Santino Fontana and ‘Sesame Street’ Muppets™ Headline Christmas Concerts October 16, 2014
- Apostle Speaks on 50th Commemoration of 1964 New York World’s Fair October 15, 2014
- 'Meet the Mormons' Pulls in Audiences Nationwide October 11, 2014
- Photo Essay: Prominent Figures Gather for the ‘Meet the Mormons’ Movie Premiere October 10, 2014
- Church Partners With Other Faith Communities in “Faith Counts” Initiative October 10, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ program ’
My initial interest in building a green hill was just to live near my friends and family -- something as simple as purchasing land, building houses, and inviting my loved ones to come on over. But, while that would be wonderful, I realized that my dream was about more than just building a "friends of Dane club". I don't want to be the linchpin that holds everyone together. Read more »