Programs and lifestyle are the main repositories of culture in a community. Programs are optional. Lifestyles are not. The person who declines to participate in a program still gets to sit in the audience at the awards ceremony. The person who declines to participate in a lifestyle is excluded from the flow of community life. Read more »
- The Package Deal
- Alison Moore Smith: …a doctrine of eternal marriage all but required polygamy as a...
- whizzbang: @15-I live in a marginalized situation. I live in a small numerically wise...
- James Anglin: About the culture/theology chicken and egg: historically it seems clear that...
Notes From All Over
- Thousands Gather at BYU for Annual Women’s Conference May 1, 2015
- Open House and Rededication Dates Announced for Montreal Quebec Temple April 30, 2015
- Church Approves Electronic Method to Submit Tithes and Other Charitable Donations April 29, 2015
- Apostle Speaks at Historic Religious Freedom Event in Brazil April 29, 2015
- Elder Richard G. Scott Released from Hospital April 28, 2015
- Church Provides Donation to Children’s Justice Center in Utah April 28, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ program ’
My initial interest in building a green hill was just to live near my friends and family -- something as simple as purchasing land, building houses, and inviting my loved ones to come on over. But, while that would be wonderful, I realized that my dream was about more than just building a "friends of Dane club". I don't want to be the linchpin that holds everyone together. Read more »