The second Doctrine and Covenants lesson makes the point that this modern scripture talks and teaches of Christ. That focus was easy to find in many Mormon poems and hymns, but the following poem has the advantage of talking about the Lord for what He has done for the Latter-day Church. Eliza R. Snow probably needs no introduction for most members, as her poetry still appears frequently in our hymnals. And in this poem her combination of praise for the Lord with references to the latter-day work makes this a good match for the lesson. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson #5
- Terry H: BTW Interview with Julie on Thursday Jan 29 at 9:00 Mountain Time. Its a call-in,...
- Terry H: Mary Ann and Walter. I don’t think Jesus completely dealt with Gentiles the...
- Cameron N.: Whatever it is, it must pass the ‘plainness’ test, required by the...
- Jack: Adam, could the BoM, as a text that catalogs the “messianic” experiences...
Notes From All Over
- BYU-Idaho's Board of Trustees Announces New President January 27, 2015
- Mormon Leaders Call for Laws That Protect Religious Freedom January 27, 2015
- Catholic Archbishop Delivers Message on Religious Freedom at Brigham Young University January 23, 2015
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | Jan 23 January 23, 2015
- Reid L. Neilson Named Assistant Church Historian and Recorder January 23, 2015
- Mormonism In the News: Getting It Right | January 22, 2015 January 22, 2015