The second Doctrine and Covenants lesson makes the point that this modern scripture talks and teaches of Christ. That focus was easy to find in many Mormon poems and hymns, but the following poem has the advantage of talking about the Lord for what He has done for the Latter-day Church. Eliza R. Snow probably needs no introduction for most members, as her poetry still appears frequently in our hymnals. And in this poem her combination of praise for the Lord with references to the latter-day work makes this a good match for the lesson. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Elder Ballard: “Don’t Talk Too Much”
- Julie M. Smith: I probably could have explained that better and more succinctly: If I...
- Julie M. Smith: I strongly object to framing this as an “offender for a word”...
- Scott Lloyd: I’m reminded of the prophecy that includes “making a man an...
- jader3rd: I find that General Conference talks tend to be mis-remembered more than...
- Owen: I think this tells us a ton about the origins of scripture, particularly the bible....
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Women Auxiliary Leaders Provide Training in the Southeast September 16, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 15 September 2014 September 15, 2014
- Mormon Temples Currently Under Construction September 11, 2014
- Church Expands Online Resources to Help Individuals Overcome Pornography Addiction September 11, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 10 September 2014 September 10, 2014
- 13th BYU President Formally Installed September 9, 2014