The second Doctrine and Covenants lesson makes the point that this modern scripture talks and teaches of Christ. That focus was easy to find in many Mormon poems and hymns, but the following poem has the advantage of talking about the Lord for what He has done for the Latter-day Church. Eliza R. Snow probably needs no introduction for most members, as her poetry still appears frequently in our hymnals. And in this poem her combination of praise for the Lord with references to the latter-day work makes this a good match for the lesson. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Sabbath Day: Its Meaning and ObservanceThe Three Neophytes
- Joel: Wizard of Oz, “I sometimes wonder if all the public pressure on the Church during...
- Wizard of Oz: Brian, I had read that Hugh B. Brown had argued that no revelation was...
- Brian Rostron: “I sometimes wonder if all the public pressure on the Church during...
Notes From All Over
- Church Recognized for Saving Electricity and Protecting the Environment October 8, 2015
- Leadership Changes in Presidency of the Seventy Announced October 6, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | October 5, 2015 October 5, 2015
- Coverage and News Media Resources from the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- Photos of the Speakers From the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- The World Report October 3, 2015