The second Doctrine and Covenants lesson makes the point that this modern scripture talks and teaches of Christ. That focus was easy to find in many Mormon poems and hymns, but the following poem has the advantage of talking about the Lord for what He has done for the Latter-day Church. Eliza R. Snow probably needs no introduction for most members, as her poetry still appears frequently in our hymnals. And in this poem her combination of praise for the Lord with references to the latter-day work makes this a good match for the lesson. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- A Letter From Salt Lake City
- Josh Smith: Sincere question: I’ve had a difficult time getting excited about...
- Cameron N.: The offense makers have cleverly found their target niche in baked goods...
- Brad L: “Doesn’t seem disrespectful on its face to decline an offer to bake a cake,...
- Wilfried: Chadwick (50), I couldn’t agree more. We do not object to some teachings...
- Jack: “It’s ironic that Mormonism finally got in line with the protestant majority,...
Notes From All Over
- VIDEO: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Performs Fourth of July Concert at West Point July 5, 2015
- Funeral Services Scheduled for President Boyd K. Packer July 4, 2015
- VIDEO: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Sings at Yankee Stadium on East Coast Tour July 4, 2015
- President Boyd K. Packer Dies At Age 90 July 3, 2015
- VIDEO: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Draws Large Crowds During East Coast Tour July 2, 2015
- Missionaries Serving in Some Missions No Longer Required to Wear Suit Coats July 2, 2015