The second Doctrine and Covenants lesson makes the point that this modern scripture talks and teaches of Christ. That focus was easy to find in many Mormon poems and hymns, but the following poem has the advantage of talking about the Lord for what He has done for the Latter-day Church. Eliza R. Snow probably needs no introduction for most members, as her poetry still appears frequently in our hymnals. And in this poem her combination of praise for the Lord with references to the latter-day work makes this a good match for the lesson. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- On Ben Carson’s Adventism, Creationism, and the Bible
- Ben S.: “Reading it naturally” often means without context. I agree that...
- mirrorrorrim: Ben S., Joseph Fielding Smith had good reason: Doctrine and Covenants 77:6:...
- Ben S.: “Latter-day Saints have no excuse for embracing Young Earth...
Notes From All Over
- Church, Governments and Humanitarian Partners Aid Refugees in Europe November 24, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites November 24, 2015 November 24, 2015
- Faith Leaders Participate in Dedication of New Church Meetinghouse in Washington, D.C. November 23, 2015
- Montreal Quebec Temple Opens Following Rededication November 22, 2015
- Worldwide Mormon Leaders Cheryl Esplin and Neill Marriott Visit Women and Children in Asia November 20, 2015
- First Presidency Expresses Love, Support for French People November 14, 2015