The second Doctrine and Covenants lesson makes the point that this modern scripture talks and teaches of Christ. That focus was easy to find in many Mormon poems and hymns, but the following poem has the advantage of talking about the Lord for what He has done for the Latter-day Church. Eliza R. Snow probably needs no introduction for most members, as her poetry still appears frequently in our hymnals. And in this poem her combination of praise for the Lord with references to the latter-day work makes this a good match for the lesson. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Book Review: The Miracles of JesusBook Review: The Crucible of Doubt
- Julie M. Smith: Steve Smith, I think they do address it. If I recall correctly, their...
- Steve Smith: Julie (36), 1. Yes, one doesn’t have to act in any prescribed way...
- Julie M. Smith: ” . . . want to shift this to the doubter forcing the doubter to...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 28 August 2014 August 28, 2014
- Fort Lauderdale Temple Named Best Cultural/Worship Project by Top Southeast Contractors August 27, 2014
- Ground Broken for Meridian Idaho Temple August 23, 2014
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 23 August August 23, 2014
- Apostle Calls for Uplifting Social Media Messages to Sweep the Earth August 19, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: What Do Mormon Teens Do? August 14, 2014