The second Doctrine and Covenants lesson makes the point that this modern scripture talks and teaches of Christ. That focus was easy to find in many Mormon poems and hymns, but the following poem has the advantage of talking about the Lord for what He has done for the Latter-day Church. Eliza R. Snow probably needs no introduction for most members, as her poetry still appears frequently in our hymnals. And in this poem her combination of praise for the Lord with references to the latter-day work makes this a good match for the lesson. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Package Deal
- Alison Moore Smith: …a doctrine of eternal marriage all but required polygamy as a...
- whizzbang: @15-I live in a marginalized situation. I live in a small numerically wise...
- James Anglin: About the culture/theology chicken and egg: historically it seems clear that...
Notes From All Over
- Thousands Gather at BYU for Annual Women’s Conference May 1, 2015
- Open House and Rededication Dates Announced for Montreal Quebec Temple April 30, 2015
- Church Approves Electronic Method to Submit Tithes and Other Charitable Donations April 29, 2015
- Apostle Speaks at Historic Religious Freedom Event in Brazil April 29, 2015
- Elder Richard G. Scott Released from Hospital April 28, 2015
- Church Provides Donation to Children’s Justice Center in Utah April 28, 2015