The second Doctrine and Covenants lesson makes the point that this modern scripture talks and teaches of Christ. That focus was easy to find in many Mormon poems and hymns, but the following poem has the advantage of talking about the Lord for what He has done for the Latter-day Church. Eliza R. Snow probably needs no introduction for most members, as her poetry still appears frequently in our hymnals. And in this poem her combination of praise for the Lord with references to the latter-day work makes this a good match for the lesson. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- New Polygamy Essays
- Mary Ann: I wish more of my female ancestors would have put in writing their own thoughts...
- FarSide: “Has any plural marriage brought joy? What a question. People adjust to...
- lemuel: Well said Amy.
- Tricia Galer: Kylie! A beautiful post. You are a lovely wordsmith.
Notes From All Over
- Young Women Leader Shares Message of Faith With Girl Scouts October 22, 2014
- Church Updates Temple Garment Video October 22, 2014
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 20 October October 20, 2014
- Indianapolis Indiana Temple Topped With Angel Moroni Statue October 17, 2014
- Broadway Star Santino Fontana and ‘Sesame Street’ Muppets™ Headline Christmas Concerts October 16, 2014
- Apostle Speaks on 50th Commemoration of 1964 New York World’s Fair October 15, 2014