The second Doctrine and Covenants lesson makes the point that this modern scripture talks and teaches of Christ. That focus was easy to find in many Mormon poems and hymns, but the following poem has the advantage of talking about the Lord for what He has done for the Latter-day Church. Eliza R. Snow probably needs no introduction for most members, as her poetry still appears frequently in our hymnals. And in this poem her combination of praise for the Lord with references to the latter-day work makes this a good match for the lesson. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Who Likes Deseret Book?
- Ben S: Narrator- I’m certainly not on the ground, but it seems awfully stupid of DB...
- Ben S: Don’t forget Jesus Christ and the World of the New Testament and Jehovah and...
- jcc: The general authorities don’t write anymore, compared to earlier decades. Any...
- Silfo: Nathaniel, It’s clear we disagree but just to be clear I’m not making...
- Nathaniel Givens: csstrayer- One of my main concerns lately (that I think is relevant to...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Church Provides Preview of Historic Site Under Construction in Pennsylvania September 29, 2014
- Church Hosts Second General Women’s Meeting for Women and Girls September 27, 2014
- Pew: Religion Losing Influence in America September 24, 2014
- Church History Museum Closes for Interior Renovation September 24, 2014
- Exhibit Highlights Women in the Scriptures September 24, 2014
- Church Members Look Forward to Second General Women’s Meeting September 24, 2014