When I was a youth (pre-1978), a magazine article about the Church hit the newsstands in Washington D.C., and we, local members, were ecstatic with what we considered great coverage of the Church. So I was very surprised at the negative reaction of the missionaries in our ward. It seems that the article had a few negative things to say that we thought were minor (and accurate), and the missionaries felt were major derogatory statements that put the Church in a bad light. While the situation isn’t the same, I read a similar reaction yesterday, objecting to the mention... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- A Mormon Maximalism
- Medio: Good luck on your journey. Maybe try moderation? Maybe you can be a maximalist of...
- Joe: Reminds me of Rev. 3:15-16 – I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor...
- Alison Moore Smith: I watched the vid from your link. It’s a highlight reel....
- Clark Goble: Wilfried, well at one time we didn’t send kids. Personally given the...
- Wilfried: Clark (11), I agree that to a certain extent the missionaries are still “kids,”...
Notes From All Over
- Utah Lawmakers Introduce Bill Balancing Religious Freedom and Nondiscrimination Protections March 4, 2015
- Women Church Leaders Visit Faith-Based Relief Agency in Texas March 3, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 4 March 2015 March 3, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to Perform at Yankee Stadium March 2, 2015
- Church Dedicates Pasta and Mill Plant in Northern Utah March 2, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites February 27, 2015 February 27, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ portrayal of Mormons ’
May 3, 2009 | 48 commentsBy Kent Larsen