One of the most stunning acts of persecution in the scriptures has to be the attack on the believers in Ammonihah described in Alma 14. Those who have heeded the words of Alma and Amulek, men, women and children, are taken by the mob, bound and cast into fire, along with their scriptures while Alma and Amulek are forced to watch. In consternation, the missionaries face the problem of evil in a very personal and immediate way and Alma is constrained by the spirit not to intervene. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- A Mormon Minimalism
- DQ: This sounds nice, but it fails a little on theology for me. Doctrinal nit picks could...
- Thomas Parkin: Being to being. Life to life. We are added upon and added upon.
- Thomas Parkin: This remains the thing, Adam. You are moving in the wrong direction. We...
- Clark Goble: I think formal systems tell us something about formal languages but not much...
- joespencer: Fair enough, Clark. But inasmuch as formal deductive systems tell us something...
Notes From All Over
- Utah Lawmakers Introduce Bill Balancing Religious Freedom and Nondiscrimination Protections March 4, 2015
- Women Church Leaders Visit Faith-Based Relief Agency in Texas March 3, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 4 March 2015 March 3, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to Perform at Yankee Stadium March 2, 2015
- Church Dedicates Pasta and Mill Plant in Northern Utah March 2, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites February 27, 2015 February 27, 2015