One of the most stunning acts of persecution in the scriptures has to be the attack on the believers in Ammonihah described in Alma 14. Those who have heeded the words of Alma and Amulek, men, women and children, are taken by the mob, bound and cast into fire, along with their scriptures while Alma and Amulek are forced to watch. In consternation, the missionaries face the problem of evil in a very personal and immediate way and Alma is constrained by the spirit not to intervene. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- A Letter From Salt Lake City
- Clark Goble: I’m not sure that works since most civil union laws didn’t give...
- Cameron N.: Josh, you can answer this question yourself. What happened when...
- Josh Smith: Sincere question: I’ve had a difficult time getting excited about...
- Clark Goble: Nate, wouldn’t you say that much of the discussion of freedom of...
- Nate Oman: Walter: Your (the Dutch?) understanding of freedom of religion seems to confine...
Notes From All Over
- VIDEO: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Performs Fourth of July Concert at West Point July 5, 2015
- Funeral Services Scheduled for President Boyd K. Packer July 4, 2015
- VIDEO: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Sings at Yankee Stadium on East Coast Tour July 4, 2015
- President Boyd K. Packer Dies At Age 90 July 3, 2015
- VIDEO: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Draws Large Crowds During East Coast Tour July 2, 2015
- Missionaries Serving in Some Missions No Longer Required to Wear Suit Coats July 2, 2015