In the last post on the Handbook, I noted that Church leadership seems to me to have emphasized collaborative leadership in recent decades. For the issues that face most Church members on a weekly basis, the Ward Council is where that collaborative leadership actually happens. Read more »
- The Three Neophytes
- Joel: at (38) Thanks for responding. That’s what I assumed. I’m not...
- at: Because I get excited about Church growth throughout the world.
- Joel: at (36) “…All that said, I would have been so very excited if a new...
Notes From All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | October 5, 2015 October 5, 2015
- Three Named to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles October 3, 2015
- Coverage and News Media Resources from the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- Photos of the Speakers From the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- The World Report October 3, 2015
- Mormon Temples Currently Under Construction October 2, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ overburdening members ’
The LDS Church emphasizes leadership like no other. Because of the requirement that the Church be run by lay leaders who are frequently changed, leadership is a regular part of the curriculum, especially in priesthood classes. And, despite these efforts, the quality of leadership often varies. Inspiration, it seems, can only make up for a portion of a lack of leadership skill and talent. Read more »