In the last post on the Handbook, I noted that Church leadership seems to me to have emphasized collaborative leadership in recent decades. For the issues that face most Church members on a weekly basis, the Ward Council is where that collaborative leadership actually happens. Read more »
- General Women’s Meeting
- Hedgehog: #34 Really. Because when I just looked very briefly general conference is dated...
- forwardjoe: Geoff – Aus, I am curious what you mean by if the next prophet was...
- Mary Ann: Steve, you are funny. Many Mormons outside the Mormon Corridor would be less...
- Cameron N: Steve, I don’t disagree that many leave because of doubts or that...
- forwardjoe: Well thanks Steve for that comment. I, like you, now know it all.
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 30 September 2014 September 30, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: Preparing for a Worldwide General Conference September 30, 2014
- Church Provides Preview of Historic Site Under Construction in Pennsylvania September 29, 2014
- Church Hosts Second General Women’s Meeting for Women and Girls September 27, 2014
- Church History Museum Closes for Interior Renovation September 24, 2014
- Church Members Look Forward to Second General Women’s Meeting September 24, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ overburdening members ’
The LDS Church emphasizes leadership like no other. Because of the requirement that the Church be run by lay leaders who are frequently changed, leadership is a regular part of the curriculum, especially in priesthood classes. And, despite these efforts, the quality of leadership often varies. Inspiration, it seems, can only make up for a portion of a lack of leadership skill and talent. Read more »