Now that I've read my first chapter of Approaching Zion, a couple more caveats before we get started. First, I'm not going to bother summarizing what Nibley said. Instead, I'm going to try to engage it, responding to ideas that engaged me, whether I agree or disagree. Second, I'm not going to try to engage with the full text; in Chapter 1, there were two things that really spoke to me, and one more that I'm going to mention and defer until a later installment. Feel free, in the comments, to engage with what I've engaged with, what I've... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Seafloor Spreading, or Why I’m Mormon
- p: Actually, #41, sorry -
- p: #42, perhaps, even, a day of Semi-Annual Conference devoted to a full, unbiased &...
- Steve Smith: Clark, I agree that beliefs can be indirectly controlled. Josh, indeed, there...
- Josh Smith: Steve, I’m certainly no expert on the human mind or the basis for...
- Clark Goble: We can affect our unconscious and we can change indirectly involitional parts...
Notes From All Over
- Women Church Leaders Visit Faith-Based Relief Agency in Texas March 3, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to Perform at Yankee Stadium March 2, 2015
- Church Dedicates Pasta and Mill Plant in Northern Utah March 2, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir Inducted Into the American Classical Music Hall of Fame February 27, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites February 27, 2015 February 27, 2015
- Faith, Family and Religious Freedom Subject of Apostle's Speech at California University February 26, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ our glory or our condemnation ’
May 8, 2013 | 21 commentsBy Sam Brunson